Author Topic: (Hong Kong) Police defuse 1,000-lb World War II-era bomb  (Read 568 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
(Hong Kong) Police defuse 1,000-lb World War II-era bomb
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:56:21 pm »
Police defuse 1,000-lb World War II-era bomb
ABC News

Hong Kong police said they successfully defused a 1,000-pound World War II-era bomb over the weekend that was found in a construction site near the downtown area of Hong Kong.

In a press conference Sunday, senior bomb disposal officer Tony Chow Shek-kin said the explosive was believed to be an ANM-65 device dropped by American bombers between 1943 and 1945, when Hong Kong was under Japanese occupation.

Authorities said that after they discovered that the front detonator to the bomb was damaged, they evacuated 1,300 people from the surrounding area as a precaution.

Read more at: http://abcnews.go.com/International/hong-kong-police-defuse-1000-lb-world-war/story?id=52681708

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: (Hong Kong) Police defuse 1,000-lb World War II-era bomb
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 07:04:27 am »
Hmmm. Sounds like a problem Japan caused.

They should have got the call to clean it up.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 07:27:44 am »
Hmmm. Sounds like a problem Japan caused.

They should have got the call to clean it up.

I would guess that the Japanese, much like myself, don't really care if some Commie Chinamen have a spot of bother with this.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 07:33:13 am »
I would guess that the Japanese, much like myself, don't really care if some Commie Chinamen have a spot of bother with this.

The 'surrender' in '45 was Unconditional.

Screw 'em.

You broke it, you bought it.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com