Author Topic: Worried about Trump-stoked exodus of immigrants, Canada discourages illegal crossings  (Read 475 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Worried about Trump-stoked exodus of immigrants, Canada discourages illegal crossings
LA Times, Jan 29, 2018, Cindy Carcamo

In a private dining room at Zov's restaurant in Tustin, a Canadian envoy made his pitch to about a dozen immigration attorneys and immigrant rights leaders.

Pablo Rodriguez, a member of Parliament, leaned over from his seat in the middle of the table and asked everyone to spread the word: Please do not cross into Canada illegally.

"Get the facts and make a decision based on the right facts, before leaving your jobs and taking your children out of school and going up there hoping to stay there forever," Rodriguez said. "Because if you don't qualify … you will be returned and in this case not to the United States. You will have lost your status and would be returned to your country of origin."

Worried that anti-immigrant rhetoric and decisions from the Trump administration could drive more people across its border, the Canadian government is trying to nip that in the bud.

Read more:  http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-canadian-envoy-tps-20180129-story.html

Offline dfwgator

Canadians are a bunch of racists.

Offline dfwgator

The "Whitest Country On the Planet" gets to lecture us about immigration????   I don't think so.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com