Author Topic: With $2.4 million haul, Beto O'Rourke easily outraised Texas Sen. Ted Cruz to close out 2017  (Read 1590 times)

Online Hoodat

There goes $2.4 million down the drain.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There goes $2.4 million down the drain.

If illegals can't vote, this guy doesn't have a chance.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

I think Trump has gotten over his 'lyin' Ted' phase.

His followers ... not so much.

I can't be sure that Trump himself loves Ted now, especially if Trump is willing to compromise on illegal immigration and Ted is opposed.

As for Trump's fans, they are being told how they should feel about Ted, usually from the master himself.

Offline Applewood

If illegals can't vote, this guy doesn't have a chance.

There are always those dead voters in the cemetery.

Offline anubias

One thing people should not do is take voters for granted down here. Many are picky and they will jump ship, especially if someone comes along who plays the Texan card and appears to be more connected to them. It wasn't that long ago Ann Richards was our governor, Lloyd Bensten was our Senator, Molly Ivins was our most famous pundit, and Willie Nelson is still our favorite musician.

I don't think Cruz has an issue yet, but it doesn't mean something can't change if the Dems suddenly get their heads out of their ass and pretend to pander to Texans. (ie act like Ann Richards instead of Wendy Davis).

Oh please.  Richards ran against Claytie-baby.  The fool would have been elected had he not refused to shake the bitch’s hand.

Ted is not going to lose this seat no matter how much money the lying, cheating libs pump into the Leprechaun in Vato’s clothing coffers.

Offline anubias

I can't be sure that Trump himself loves Ted now, especially if Trump is willing to compromise on illegal immigration and Ted is opposed.

As for Trump's fans, they are being told how they should feel about Ted, usually from the master himself.

You’re being ridiculous, but I assume you already know this.

Offline dfwgator

Oh please.  Richards ran against Claytie-baby.  The fool would have been elected had he not refused to shake the bitch’s hand.

Clayton Williams lost because he was joking with reporters about the rain when he said. ""If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Clayton Williams lost because he was joking with reporters about the rain when he said. ""If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it."

It wasn't rain - it was rape.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yup I cringed when I read that back when he was running.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

Ted is not going to lose this seat no matter how much money the lying, cheating libs pump into the Leprechaun in Vato’s clothing coffers.

I'm no historian, but I can't recall anyone from El Paso ever being elected to a state wide office.

I love El Paso, lived there about 15 years, two of my three kids born there. Trust me, the rest of the state could give a rat's rear about El Paso.

Ted dominates North and South Texas, particularly the suburbs of Houston and Dallas.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

He was on his way to winning, and of course, the Press couldn't pass up the opportunity he presented them.

Bet if Bill Clinton said it, you wouldn't have heard a peep about it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This excuse, IMO, is getting old.

No wrong.  It's NOT an excuse.

It's how your party and its leadership operates when confronted with a choice between a Constitutional Conservative who might threaten their gravy train and a liberal big government yes man.

Do you really need me to post links to the Republicans in D.C. who openly stated they would vote for the Democrat over the Republican candidate?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He was on his way to winning, and of course, the Press couldn't pass up the opportunity he presented them.

All of us in Midland were cheering for him to win.

Bet if Bill Clinton said it, you wouldn't have heard a peep about it.

There's probably still things the media saw Billy Jeff do and heard him say that they are covering up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline anubias

He was still ahead in the polls until the handshake or lack thereof.  Then the fool did not even know what the proposition was that he had just voted on.  The man was a complete idiot.  Cruz is not a complete idiot.  He will win providing the rats don’t pull a Judge Moore on him.  Then all bets are off as it has been proven that it can be successfully done.