Author Topic: Mother of Long Island gang victim invited by White House to Trump’s State of Union address  (Read 579 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Mother of Long Island gang victim invited by White House to Trump’s State of Union address
Washington Times, Jan 28, 2018, Associated Press

NEW YORK – The mother of a 16-year-old Long Island girl who was beaten to death by alleged MS-13 gang members has been invited by the White House to sit in the audience as President Donald Trump gives his State of the Union address.

Evelyn Rodriguez also was invited to meet with the Republican president before Tuesday’s speech.

Her daughter, Kayla Cuevas, and her 15-year-old friend were killed in a Long Island neighborhood that has become the epicenter in the fight against MS-13 violence. The gang is blamed for 25 killings on Long Island since January 2016.

Rodriguez told The New York Times she was honored to be invited and said it wasn’t about immigration.  She said everybody should put their political agenda aside and think about what’s going on in the country.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/28/evelyn-cuevas-mother-kayla-Trump-guest-state-union/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Between the Dreamers, Me Too members, transsexual soldiers, and criminal migrant victims, this can easily become Geraldo/Springer Show real quick.......

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online dfwgator

Between the Dreamers, Me Too members, transsexual soldiers, and criminal migrant victims, this can easily become Geraldo/Springer Show real quick.......

Getting closer to Idiocracy every day....

Language
! No longer available

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'd like to see an ICE paddy wagon parked at the entrance to the Capital ... just for the entertainment value.   :smokin:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That is a leading article.  Leads one to question what she means this isn't about immigration.   Is she legal?  Maybe it is going to be about good illegal aliens and bad ones?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
That is a leading article.  Leads one to question what she means this isn't about immigration.   Is she legal?  Maybe it is going to be about good illegal aliens and bad ones?

You make a very valid point and I think you are correct.  Bringing citizens to testify about the victimization of illegal immigrants served Trump well during the presidential campaign.  So, if he's going to try to state that people coming into this country or that people he plans on granting amnesty and a path to citizenship will be vetted; he's full of b.s.  If the claim is you cannot round up the 'illegals' are DACA to deport them, then how does he plan on vetting them?  Would he have us believe that all of a sudden 'illegals' entering this country are now miraculously going to be vetted?  I hardly think so. Perhaps the government has been working on this and they now know who is here and where they are.  I highly doubt it!  Is he planning on vetting their cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, second cousins, etc., as well?  He's lied to his supporters to begin with as he stated, NO AMNESTY during his campaign. Illegal is illegal, be they good, bad, pretty or ugly.

I also hope in his SOTU address he touches upon his idea of the 'slush fund' for the wall.  Future funds for a future wall ... so in other words he lied to his supporters and he's lying again.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Smart move on Trump's part IMO.