Author Topic: LGBTQ Christians try to change hearts and minds from the pews  (Read 434 times)

Offline goodwithagun

LGBTQ Christians try to change hearts and minds from the pews
« on: January 28, 2018, 07:02:47 pm »
By Julie Compton January 27, 2018

Across the United States, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Christians are coming out of the closet. For many of them, finding acceptance within the church can be a test of faith.

"I think it's a decision I have to make every single day and every Sunday when I go to church," Austen Hartke, a transgender Christian who lives in St. Paul, Minnesota, told NBC News. "You're always trying to figure out if you should leave and go somewhere where it would be easier to make positive changes in the world rather than within a system that in some ways is trying to keep you down."

Studies show that LGBTQ people of faith are often conflicted. According to a report from the Pew Research Center, many feel unwelcome within most major religions and are much less likely to identify as Christian compared to the general public.

Continued at source https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lgbtq-christians-try-to-change-hearts-and-minds-from-the-pews/ar-BBIjuia?ocid=spartanntp
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Re: LGBTQ Christians try to change hearts and minds from the pews
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 07:04:20 pm »
I’m so glad they are going to church. May God speak to them and help them live as He commands.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:56:02 pm »
I’m so glad they are going to church. May God speak to them and help them live as He commands.

It does not appear culturally that the 'church' is helping homosexuals overcome the sin, but rather homosexuals helping the church to accept and condone the practice of the sin.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:56:22 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 08:17:44 pm »
Pew polled the Pews?  Ewe.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 08:56:57 pm »
There’s definitely an effect where LGBTQs and religion are concerned.  Whenever they get into the news, have a protest, or put on a public display, I always hear people say, ‘Oh, Jesus...’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.