Author Topic: Clinton kept adviser on 2008 campaign despite sexual harassment allegation  (Read 303 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/26/politics/clinton-2008-campaign-adviser-sexual-harassment/index.html

(CNN)Hillary Clinton decided not to fire a senior adviser on her 2008 presidential campaign who had been accused of sexual harassment, against the recommendation of her campaign manager, two sources who worked on the 2008 campaign tell CNN.
A female campaign staffer had accused Clinton's faith adviser, Burns Strider, of harassment that included inappropriate touching, kissing her forehead and sending her suggestive emails, the sources said. The woman shared an office with Strider.
After hearing of the complaint, Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle and other senior aides urged Clinton to fire Strider, but Clinton declined to dismiss him and kept him on for the rest of her failed run for the Democratic nomination, the sources said.
"Patti wanted him out but she was overruled," one source said.

The other source said Clinton made clear that "we should explore other options" than firing Strider. "I certainly thought he should just be fired," the source added.
In a tweet late Friday, Clinton said she was aware of the accusations and had addressed them when they happened.

more at link

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It isn't possible for any Clinton to be held in less regard than I already hold for them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What do you expect from a woman who protected a rapist?