Author Topic: Did the Templars Hide the Ark of the Covenant? Unraveling the Cove-Jones Cipher  (Read 1556 times)

rangerrebew

Did the Templars Hide the Ark of the Covenant? Unraveling the Cove-Jones Cipher
9 November, 2016 - 13:59 Graham Phillips

On October 25th this year, the Vatican released a document that had remained in its secret archives for seven hundred years. It is the report of the official Church investigation into the activities of the Knights Templar in the early fourteenth century. In October 1306, these crusader knights were found guilty of idolatry, blasphemy, and heresy, and their order was dissolved. Some were burned at the stake, others imprisoned, and most were stripped of their assets. Astonishingly, this extraordinary document reveals how the Vatican enquiry found no evidence of wrongdoing. It was the Pope himself, Clement V, who directly intervened and declared the Templars heretics. The report appears to show that the pontiff was after their wealth, said to include priceless treasures once housed in the temple of Jerusalem and lost when the city was sacked in ancient times.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/opinion-guest-authors/did-templars-hide-ark-covenant-unraveling-cove-jones-cipher-006980

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Between Papal betrayal and the animosity toward Catholic orders yet to come in England, perhaps the Templars would move the treasure (any treasure) even farther afield. It was readily apparent that the governments of Europe were not to be trusted as benign, and there may be something to all the legends of transport to the New World after all.
As for reaping the rewards of discovery of the New World, the Vikings already had noted that. The best hiding places are those no one else even knows about.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The ark was lost way back before the Templars were around, well before the birth of Christ.

Highly doubtful it can suddenly be 'discovered' a thousand + years after it was last recorded seen.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

I thought it was in a warehouse....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I thought it was in a warehouse....

Or on an island where foolish guys are spending $M's of dollars for nothing.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, It is their money, and I have been fascinated with the story of the Island since reading the same article they did.

Is there a treasure left there? (Was there ever one?) Possibly. They sure have come up with a lot of artifacts which are interesting and do not preclude that possibility. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

As for the Templars, Sinclair, Drake, or others putting material there, who knows?

As for the Ark of the Covenant or other specific artifacts, we'll see what they find. (And, not to seem cynical, but we don't know what they are being paid for the TV series, either). The Ark is rumored to be in Ethiopia, too. But supposing they did find The Ark of the Covenant, I'd read up on the Ark in the Bible before attempting to recover it....by Biblical accounts, that could be dangerous.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

It ain't nothing. They are multi-millionaires with their own TV show on one of the more popular cable channels. I'll bet a dollar they feel that is money well spent.

Offline roamer_1

Between Papal betrayal and the animosity toward Catholic orders yet to come in England, perhaps the Templars would move the treasure (any treasure) even farther afield. It was readily apparent that the governments of Europe were not to be trusted as benign, and there may be something to all the legends of transport to the New World after all.
As for reaping the rewards of discovery of the New World, the Vikings already had noted that. The best hiding places are those no one else even knows about.

@Smokin Joe
I don't think any of that is right.  I think that's all spun off the grail legends, just like the Merovingian king line (supposedly nee Magdalene).

I think the thing the Templars found was the Shroud of Turin - See the similarity between gra'al and gra'el in French.

The story placing the ark in Ethiopia has a lot of weight (by far the oldest tale), and aligns with a future event corresponding to Isaiah 18  (the word 'standard' in Is 18 and 'ark' are pretty interchangeable).

But by far, I like Ron Wyatt's tale, placing the ark directly under the cross, hidden in Jeremiah's grotto.
That jibes with the actual record in the Bible - Jeremiah is likely the guy who knew where it went. And the significance of the blood of Messiah flowing down through a crack caused by the quake, to fall upon the right side of the Mercy Seat (where the sprinkled blood of bulls and lambs never fell).

Legally, Prophetically, poetically, that is exactly where that blood has got to be...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It ain't nothing. They are multi-millionaires with their own TV show on one of the more popular cable channels. I'll bet a dollar they feel that is money well spent.

I am sure the History Channel is compensating them pretty well.  Still my industrial experience with projects with equipment like they use, tell me that they are still on a ship with a slow to moderate financial leak.  If they guys are filthy rich, I guess they can chalk it up to an expensive hobby.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

I am sure the History Channel is compensating them pretty well.  Still my industrial experience with projects with equipment like they use, tell me that they are still on a ship with a slow to moderate financial leak.  If they guys are filthy rich, I guess they can chalk it up to an expensive hobby.
Keep in mind that the folks who are doing the work and running that equipment, while not operating at a loss may combine the aspects of global advertising and and perhaps some compensation from the show itself, which may factor into whatever pricing is involved for the work on the Island. Not to mention, the feather in their cap if something of great value is found on the island and they are part of that. So yes, while that equipment isn't cheap, there are intangible considerations which may lower those costs to the brothers.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe
I don't think any of that is right.  I think that's all spun off the grail legends, just like the Merovingian king line (supposedly nee Magdalene).

I think the thing the Templars found was the Shroud of Turin - See the similarity between gra'al and gra'el in French.

The story placing the ark in Ethiopia has a lot of weight (by far the oldest tale), and aligns with a future event corresponding to Isaiah 18  (the word 'standard' in Is 18 and 'ark' are pretty interchangeable).

But by far, I like Ron Wyatt's tale, placing the ark directly under the cross, hidden in Jeremiah's grotto.
That jibes with the actual record in the Bible - Jeremiah is likely the guy who knew where it went. And the significance of the blood of Messiah flowing down through a crack caused by the quake, to fall upon the right side of the Mercy Seat (where the sprinkled blood of bulls and lambs never fell).

Legally, Prophetically, poetically, that is exactly where that blood has got to be...
The Templars were really the international bankers of their day in addition to other considerations. The French were deep in debt, and their economic might may well have rivaled or exceeded that of most of the kingdoms of the day, and even the papacy itself. Such a political and economic threat would not go ignored, and the expedient of robbing the bank and eliminating the bankers finally proved too much of a temptation to resist.

Regardless of just gold and silver and jewels or whether there were articles of great religious importance, any treasure would not be safe in Europe. If it was possible to remove it and themselves from the grubby meathooks of those in power, they likely did so, and of all private concerns, had the means to do so. Once declared heretics and outlaws, the movement would have to go underground, become secret, or split its assets among any number of secret societies and/or families to retain that wealth. Those most notable artifacts, the Grail, the Ark, the Menorah, may not be present, but there is no denying that the Templars had unimaginable wealth by today's standards.
I have little doubt that there were those who were wise enough to foresee such greed/animosity and have contingency plans to save what of those assets could be saved.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

The Templars were really the international bankers of their day in addition to other considerations. The French were deep in debt, and their economic might may well have rivaled or exceeded that of most of the kingdoms of the day, and even the papacy itself. Such a political and economic threat would not go ignored, and the expedient of robbing the bank and eliminating the bankers finally proved too much of a temptation to resist.

Regardless of just gold and silver and jewels or whether there were articles of great religious importance, any treasure would not be safe in Europe. If it was possible to remove it and themselves from the grubby meathooks of those in power, they likely did so, and of all private concerns, had the means to do so. Once declared heretics and outlaws, the movement would have to go underground, become secret, or split its assets among any number of secret societies and/or families to retain that wealth. Those most notable artifacts, the Grail, the Ark, the Menorah, may not be present, but there is no denying that the Templars had unimaginable wealth by today's standards.
I have little doubt that there were those who were wise enough to foresee such greed/animosity and have contingency plans to save what of those assets could be saved.

Yep, all that is true enough, and their demise has been greatly exaggerated... The day after the massacres, all their ships were gone from every harbor. A short time later, Swiss townships were suddenly being defended from raiders by magnificent knights in white and red. It is no coincidence, I would say, that the Swiss thereafter became the international bankers, even unto our day. And regardless of what some may say, their integration with the illuminati in Europe and with Scottish and British Masonry is a matter of record.

The Golden Menorah, btw, is known to be at the Vatican - The Israelis have been petitioning for its release for years.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
For this to be true, one has to believe that the Ark of The Covenant is a real and physical thing and not a Biblical metaphor. I lean toward it being a metaphor.

“The biblical account relates that, approximately one year after the Israelites' exodus from Egypt, the Ark was created according to the pattern given to Moses by God when the Israelites were encamped at the foot of biblical Mount Sinai.

So where in the Sinai desert did the Israelites find enough wood to make such a chest, live alone enough gold to completely cover it in.

But just in case it is ever found, don’t open it or look at it, especially if you are a Nazi.  :pondering:

! No longer available
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline roamer_1

So where in the Sinai desert did the Israelites find enough wood to make such a chest, live alone enough gold to completely cover it in.

@Neverdul
Of course the Ark is a real, physical thing.
Sinai is in Saudi Arabia (Jabbal al Lawz)
The Israelite plundered the Egyptians, so they had plenty of gold.
And Midian has wood.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The Egyptians gave them the gold to get them to leave. They would get the gold back when they slaughtered them at the Red Sea.
Countdown to Resignation