Author Topic: Oh, Now Shutdown Chuck Is Following Pelosi In Trashing Workers' Bonuses  (Read 379 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
townhall
 Matt Vespa
Posted: Jan 27, 2018 12:05 PM

[excerpt]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/01/27/oh-now-shutdown-chuck-is-following-pelosi-in-trashing-workers-bonuses-n2440400

Well, when you’re backed into a corner, there really is nowhere to go. That’s where the Democrats are on this tax bill. Even after they shut down the government over illegal aliens, companies continued to signal their intention to dole out bonuses to their workers. In all, over 250 companies have given out bonuses to over three million workers. Bonuses have ranged from $1,000 to $3,000 depending on the company. The tax plan has become more popular as well. So, what do Democrats do now? Well, just marginalize $1,000+ bonuses as “crumbs.”

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has done it, with Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) adding that a $1,000 bonus won’t go that far. Yeah, remember when Democrats were appalled that the payroll tax cuts wouldn’t be extended in 2011, which would have added an additional $40 to workers' paychecks? This is quite the 180-degree turn. And now shutdown Chuck is getting on the “crumbs” bandwagon (via Free Beacon):
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

Re: Oh, Now Shutdown Chuck Is Following Pelosi In Trashing Workers' Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:18:49 am »
This is typical of both parties.  When one party comes up with a bill, the other party has some standard language it uses to trash the legislation.  Usually, the Dems complain the legislation will "hurt the middle class" or "what about the children?"  With every bill, you can always predict what the opposition party will have to say. 

And my guess is that most of those whining about a particular bill have not read the bill and have no idea what it says. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Oh, Now Shutdown Chuck Is Following Pelosi In Trashing Workers' Bonuses
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 12:30:55 pm »
"When the American people learn that some of them are not getting anything, some of them are getting raises, and the rest are getting crumbs, and big corporations and wealthy individuals are getting nice, fat pieces of pie, they're going to be outraged," Schumer said. "They are already." 

Nobody scrutinizes their paycheck more than the lower class worker.  My salary is deposited directly in my bank.  I don't even look at the check stub.  But the hourly workers have to check it closely because they already owe the money to someone else.  You can't fool them by lying about how much money is in their pocket.  They know what they have.

I hope Chuck and Nancy carry on like this forever.