Author Topic: Mitt Romney: Americans should get ready to buy more electric cars  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney: Americans should get ready to buy more electric cars
by John Siciliano | Jan 27, 2018, 5:57 PM

Ninety percent of all new cars Americans purchase will be electric in the not too distant future, said former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

"Exponential progress and innovation is what’s just beginning to hit the world — now not just in computers," he said in a speech to a farm group in Utah this week.

But the change in automobiles from gasoline to electric will be coming in about a decade, he said. "You’re going to see healthcare change, automobiles change — in my view, in about 10 years, I’ll bet 90 percent of the cars we buy are electric.”

Romney has a history in the American automobile industry and was born in Detroit, Mich., home of the "Big Three" — Ford, GM, and Fiat Chrysler. His father, George Romney, was CEO of the American Motor Company, better known by just its acronym: AMC.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mitt-romney-americans-should-get-ready-to-buy-more-electric-cars/article/2647307
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Mitt Romney: Americans should get ready to buy more electric cars
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 12:47:10 am »
Shut up, Mittens.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 12:55:57 am »
If true, there had better be a plan to increase energy and infrastructure to deal with the increased demand for power.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 01:04:31 am »
Anyone care to attempt to explain the difference between Mitt Romney and Al Gore or any other Democrat Oligarch?

Because I'll be damned to find any on my own.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 01:07:38 am »
Anyone care to attempt to explain the difference between Mitt Romney and Al Gore or any other Democrat Oligarch?

Neither can I.  Mitt needs to STFU about everybody buying something.  "Hey Mitt!  I'll buy what I can afford.  I know, strange concept when you have a silver spoon stuck in your mouth....."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 01:12:37 am »

Mitt over plucks his eyebrows. Al combs his eyebrows up.  Other than that and algores  00 pounds, not much.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:14:05 am by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 01:32:01 am »
Mitt over plucks his eyebrows. Al combs his eyebrows up.  Other than that and algores  00 pounds, not much.

That is possibly the BEST comparison of differences any one on earth has ever compiled between the two.

Aside from the letter they put after their names.

Thanks!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 01:39:58 am »
Mitt Romney: Americans should get ready to buy more electric cars
by John Siciliano | Jan 27, 2018, 5:57 PM

Ninety percent of all new cars Americans purchase will be electric in the not too distant future, said former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

"Exponential progress and innovation is what’s just beginning to hit the world — now not just in computers," he said in a speech to a farm group in Utah this week.

But the change in automobiles from gasoline to electric will be coming in about a decade, he said. "You’re going to see healthcare change, automobiles change — in my view, in about 10 years, I’ll bet 90 percent of the cars we buy are electric.”

Romney has a history in the American automobile industry and was born in Detroit, Mich., home of the "Big Three" — Ford, GM, and Fiat Chrysler. His father, George Romney, was CEO of the American Motor Company, better known by just its acronym: AMC.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mitt-romney-americans-should-get-ready-to-buy-more-electric-cars/article/2647307
Sure...as soon as they come up with one that's affordable,  powerful, can go 400-500 miles on a single charge, and only takes about five-ten minutes to recharge, I'll think about it.
Until then, sorry Mitt. This sounds as realistic as the guy who, in some column I read a few months ago, said no Americans would be owning their own cars by 2030.  They have to be dreaming.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 01:55:34 am »
Sure...as soon as they come up with one that's affordable,  powerful, can go 400-500 miles on a single charge, and only takes about five-ten minutes to recharge, I'll think about it.
Until then, sorry Mitt. This sounds as realistic as the guy who, in some column I read a few months ago, said no Americans would be owning their own cars by 2030.  They have to be dreaming.

That's their goal.  All of the peasants living modestly
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 02:08:12 am »

Hope you're not in the mountains in sub-zero weather...