Author Topic: XFL to return in 2020  (Read 611 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
XFL to return in 2020
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:42:27 am »
CBS and ESPN sports talk radio doesn't seem too bad yet, today, ESPN radio discussed:
XFL to return in 2020

Vince McMahon announced plans for a new XFL on Thursday afternoon, with his second attempt at establishing a professional football league rivaling the NFL to launch in 2020.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/xfl-to-return-in-2020/

Still, 2 years off, McMahon was saying, this would be a more serious league (than the prior XFL) and they are probably capitalizing on the NFL's woes, especially with the National Anthem.

You'll have to stand for the anthem and you can't have a serious criminal-type of record they are saying.

More:

The XFL means jobs and second chances, but also a warning
Dan Graziano ESPN Staff Writer

Vince McMahon’s trying to sell you something, because that’s what he does and he’s really good at it. If you want to buy it, go right ahead. The new XFL is going to sound fun if you remember how goofy the first one was, if you’re down on the NFL right now or if you’re just dying to text “He Hate Me!” to the one friend you’re sure remembers what that means.

It’s going to sound cool to the players, too, because it’s going to sound like it means jobs. And on its most basic level, if you strip away the myriad reasons to be skeptical, that’s exactly what it means. Baseball has the minor leagues, where you can go and rebuild a career. Basketball has options in Europe. You get cut from the NFL, you don’t have a place to go or a road back.

Read more at: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/267604/the-xfl-means-jobs-and-second-chances-but-also-a-warning

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:45:01 am by TomSea »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: XFL to return in 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 12:51:00 am »
Hey.  Why not?  Do it.  The kneller league needs compitition.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."