Author Topic: Koch brothers pledge nearly $400 million to promote conservative policies, Republicans in midterm el  (Read 1280 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Koch brothers pledge nearly $400 million to promote conservative policies, Republicans in midterm elections
by David M. Drucker | Jan 27, 2018, 6:31 PM

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. — The political network overseen by industrialist billionaires Charles and David Koch on Saturday pledged to spend nearly $400 million on the midterm elections to defend Republican majorities in Congress and in state legislatures across the country.

The Koch network, meeting for its annual winter donor conference near Palm Springs, Calif., said the investment would also focus on promoting conservative policies and was equal to a 60 percent increase over what it spent in the 2016 presidential election. The campaign was set to include a $20 million expenditure to promote the Republican tax overhaul passed and signed into law late last year.

"We're all in," Tim Phillips, president of Americans for Prosperity, told reporters during a news conference to kick off the conference at the Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort and Spa.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/koch-brothers-pledge-400-million-for-republicans-in-midterm-elections/article/2647309
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Koch brothers weren’t Trump fans during the 2016 election.  After the Camp David meeting, suddenly, Trump was all for backing incumbents.  Now, the brothers are upping donations.  Guess we know who runs Bartertown.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

The Koch brothers weren’t Trump fans during the 2016 election.  After the Camp David meeting, suddenly, Trump was all for backing incumbents.  Now, the brothers are upping donations.  Guess we know who runs Bartertown.

They really party down
Right there in Bartertown. And Camp David.

I imagine the Koch Brothers are pretty happy with Trump now, given his energy policies so far.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's called swamp draining. 

This is good news for the GOP.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:03:46 am by Once-Ler »

Offline skeeter

It's called swamp draining. 

This is good news for the GOP.

Its a tough - should Trump continue to antagonize the party with tweets about swamp draining or should he foster relationships with key players in order to get crap done? Either way seems to get folks' shorts wedged up their crack.

Its a tough - should Trump continue to antagonize the party with tweets about swamp draining or should he foster relationships with key players in order to get crap done? Either way seems to get folks' shorts wedged up their crack.
Agreed.

Offline edpc

You’re right.  He should foster relationships with key players so he can get things done like a full repeal of Obamacare. Oh, wait…

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Neither was I.  But I'm a Trump fan now and apparently, the Koch brothers are as well.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Neither was I.  But I'm a Trump fan now and apparently, the Koch brothers are as well.

Talking of the Koch brothers brought back a memory from a few years ago.

I was in Bible class at my Episcopal Church and we had 3 priests in attendance, two of whom were retired.

The wife of one of the retired priests had an honest question of the class.  She wanted to know if there was some way the Church could refuse communion to the Koch Brothers.

That's the kind of thing that happens when churches go political and liberal.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

The original Fusion GPS funding came from a Republican donor.  What are the odds it was either David or Charles Koch?

Offline skeeter

You’re right.  He should foster relationships with key players so he can get things done like a full repeal of Obamacare. Oh, wait…

As hard as it is to believe its true there are still members of congress who find Trump...resistible.

And I thought it had been determined that Paul Singer was the repubican who funded the oppo research on Trump.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:37:18 am by skeeter »

Offline edpc

As hard as it is to believe its true there are still members of congress who find Trump...resistible.

And I thought it had been determined that Paul Singer was the repubican who funded the oppo research on Trump.

Breitbart reported he and the Free Beacon were, but the paper denied it and offered cooperation with House Intel to dispel it.  Breitbart later reported that in an update to their story.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/10/27/report-paul-singer-funded-washington-free-beacon-behind-initial-fusion-gps-trump-effort/

Offline Suppressed

"Conservative"?  The headline overstates it a tad.

From the story:

Also Saturday, the Koch network, whose policies are clearly conservative but lean libertarian, lauded Trump for the framework he introduced to provide legal status to the "Dreamers," illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as young children by their parents through no fault of their own.

“Immigrants are essential to the success of our country and addressing the plight of the dreamers is a top priority for this Network. We are committed to working with Congress and the White House to find a solution that does this without arbitrarily reducing the number of people who come here to contribute,” Brian Hooks, co-chairman of Koch's Seminar Network, said in a statement.

The Koch group was pleased to see Trump put legalization on the table for the full population of Dreamers. But it is concerned about the parts of the president's framework that propose reducing legal immigration significantly and possibly abolish "chain migration," also known as "family reunification."

“We applaud the president for taking this important step towards a bipartisan compromise that delivers enhanced security for our nation and permanent legal status for 1.8 million Dreamers, ensuring they have the legal certainty to plan their lives and increase their contributions to America," Daniel Garza, president of the Koch group, The LIBRE Initiative, said in a statement.

"That said, we cannot support arbitrary cuts to future legal immigration levels. We welcome a debate about whether our current legal immigration policy properly balances family and skills-based migration. But that broad debate should not distract from the immediate goal of providing certainty to Dreamers and enhancing security," Garza added.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

I recall the primary days at TOS when they crowed, as a multi-billionaire, Trump could never be bought or influenced by donors.

"Conservative"?  The headline overstates it a tad.

From the story:

Thanx for posting that.  I did not read the story and that stuff was important.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I'm have trouble understanding What Point posters slinging mad at this are making.

Beyond the obvious.

More Democrats would be a Good Thing, because that Would happen Without Koch Financial Support.

And I'm not in the least interested in seeing anyone retreat onto the Whatever ground of Condescending, Moralizing, They're all the Same BS, because if they were, the person Making those calls wouldn't bother posting here.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:19:31 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

...hmmm, is that the same as getting folks' knickers in a twist?   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I'm have trouble understanding What Point posters slinging mad at this are making.

Beyond the obvious.

More Democrats would be a Good Thing, because that Would happen Without Koch Financial Support.

And I'm not in the least interested in seeing anyone retreat onto the Whatever ground of Condescending, Moralizing, They're all the Same BS, because if they were, the person Making those calls wouldn't bother posting here.

I'm have trouble understanding What Point you are making.