Author Topic: Air Force One's $24M upgrade: New refrigerators  (Read 475 times)

Offline Suppressed

Air Force One's $24M upgrade: New refrigerators
« on: January 27, 2018, 11:12:57 pm »
Air Force One's $24M upgrade: New refrigerators
One-of-a-kind aircraft's components require unique testing by the FAA
CNN Updated: 11:35 AM CST Jan 27, 2018
Zachary Cohen and Ryan Browne

http://www.ketv.com/article/air-force-one-s-new-refrigerators-cost-24-million/15899632

WASHINGTON (CNN) —
Air Force One is primed to receive an upgrade that will include new refrigerators expected to cost American taxpayers nearly $24 million.

The US Air Force awarded Boeing a $23.6 million contract in December to replace two of the five "cold chiller units" aboard the aircraft used by President Donald Trump.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Air Force One's $24M upgrade: New refrigerators
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:17:11 pm »
Former senior adviser to President Barack Obama Eric Schultz mocked the high price tag in a tweet on Friday, saying, "we would have been impeached."

You spent tons more than that and didn't get impeached azzhole. Now go back to your San Fran bath house and service some more customers.

BTW, this price tag is estimated bullshit. Is the govt' charging itself for this testing? They are already getting payed by the taxpayers.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 01:57:58 am »
Former senior adviser to President Barack Obama Eric Schultz mocked the high price tag in a tweet on Friday, saying, "we would have been impeached."

You spent tons more than that and didn't get impeached azzhole. Now go back to your San Fran bath house and service some more customers.

BTW, this price tag is estimated bullshit. Is the govt' charging itself for this testing? They are already getting payed by the taxpayers.

It's also misleading to call them "refrigerators," like they're for keeping beer cold.  A 747 needs some serious refrigeration units to keep the air cooled to survivable levels.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 02:36:47 am »
All that Diet Coke overtaxed the system.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 04:15:06 pm »
It's also misleading to call them "refrigerators," like they're for keeping beer cold.  A 747 needs some serious refrigeration units to keep the air cooled to survivable levels.

One only has to read the whole story, which by design nobody watching a 30 second spot on the news is getting, to fully understand why replacing food storage units on this one of a kind A/P cost so much,, and working for Boeing I can understand why all the cost from enginnering to instaltion could make it an expensive project.  Much more so I. Bet if this was a one of a kind AC unit and all its ducting. The picture the fake news wants people to have is far different from reality.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:44:05 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 04:32:38 pm »
One only has to read the whole story, which by design nobody watching a 30 second spot on the news is getting, to fully understand why replacing food storage units on this one of a kind A/P cost so much,, and working for Boeing I can understand why all the cost from enginnering to instaltion could make it an expensive project.  Much more so I. Bet if this was a one of a kind AC unit and all its ducting. The picture the fake news wants people to hace is far different from reality.
Build just one of anything to install on an airplane, which has to perform with extremely high reliability and very low probability (approaching zero) of creating other problems. Yep, it's going to be expensive.

When was the last upgrade (1990), and will this one even use the same refrigerant? There is a lot to consider, even if this was going onto some other jet, but on the one which transports the POTUS, it has to work right first time, every time, and remain reliable, and there are other unique systems on board the aircraft to consider as well. They added in the cost of testing the new components for reliability and safety, and installation won't be simple, either, which translates to expensive.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 05:07:02 pm »

That's what I thought, too ...

A water chiller is a refrigeration apparatus that produces cold water or water/glycol mix, to cool industrial process equipment or provide comfort cooling for buildings. A water chiller uses the evaporation of a refrigerant to cool the fluid through a heat exchanger.

www.waterchillers.com/basic-chiller-terms.html

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 05:32:27 pm »
There are a lot of electronics on board which need to be cool.

It's not like you're running down to home depot and buying a window ac.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.