Author Topic: Blumenthal: ‘Credible case of obstruction of justice’ against Trump  (Read 726 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blumenthal: ‘Credible case of obstruction of justice’ against Trump
By Brandon Carter - 01/27/18 09:10 AM EST

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) argued Friday that there’s a “credible case of obstruction of justice” against President Trump after reports that Trump tried to fire special counsel Robert Mueller last year.

“There’s a credible case of obstruction of justice against the president of the United States,” Blumenthal said on CNN’s “OutFront.”

“What we’re seeing, in fact, extraordinarily, is obstruction of justice in a sense unfolding right before us in real time with the actions and statements that [Trump] is making,” said Blumenthal, who serves on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/371022-blumenthal-credible-case-of-obstruction-of-justice-against-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Former Obama Department Of Justice Official: Mueller ‘Almost Certainly Won’t Indict Trump’
Daily Caller, Jan 26, 2018, Joe Simonson

A former Department of Justice appointee under former President Barack Obama said special counsel Robert Mueller “almost certainly won’t indict” President Donald Trump at the conclusion of his investigation.

Eric Columbus, former senior counsel to the deputy attorney general under Obama, explained on Twitter why we should not expect any criminal charges against Trump, despite a growing chorus of pundits and Democratic politicians predicting that Mueller is building an obstruction of justice case.

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/26/obama-lawyer-mueller-wont-indict-trump/

:shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

“There’s a credible case of obstruction of justice against the president of the United States,” Blumenthal said on CNN’s “OutFront.”

Offline Concerned

:shrug:

I, too, don't expect Mueller to indict the President.  There's all kinds of legal questions about that.  As such, I think it'll be up to Congress what action (if any) they want to take as a result of the Mueller's findings (as noted in the article from the OP:

Thus, if Mueller does believe the president has violated the law, he would collect this evidence in his report at the end of the investigation. The report would likely be made public and Congress could use the relevant information to determine if and how it proceeds.

This is why I think the mid-terms are so important.  If the Democrats can take over the House (which seems likely to me), impeachment proceedings (over something) are very likely IMO.  It's still a high bar to get past 2/3 of the Senate, of course, but I'd think impeachment would be stain on this Presidency.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline MajorClay

Sir, if you want to pursue obstruction charges:  Bleach bit

Oceander

Go right ahead, idiot.  Start impeachment proceedings that don’t have a chance of succeeding, and see where that gets you with the voters. 

Offline libertybele

Go right ahead, idiot.  Start impeachment proceedings that don’t have a chance of succeeding, and see where that gets you with the voters.

If the DEMS get the majority in both Houses (which is beginning to seem likely) I have little doubt that impeachment proceedings will be brought against Trump; it doesn't matter what he's being accused of -- it's up to Congress to decide.  He'll be impeached.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

They will and they are.  Last month the House voted down bringing impeachment proceedings to the floor. 58 rats voted yea, and Rep Nadler currently has drawn up a censure for President Trump's $h1thole comment.  It has 130 rat co-sponsors.  They know they can't win, but they have to keep doing this.  This will only change when or if President Trump is popular with the American people.  Assuming the current polls are marginally accurate trying to impeach President Trump now does not hurt the rats in fact it probably helps unify their base.

The majority of ideologically driven rats ( and republicans ) are living in bubbles.  They do not have to entertain opposing ideas because it isn't on whatever propaganda media they subscribe to, and all their wrong-thinking Facebook friends have been purged.  The rat minions are already apoplectic that President Trump has not been impeached, and if the rats do not continue then they don't get this...

Smashing a record, House Democrats’ fundraising exceeded $100 million in 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/smashing-a-record-house-democrats-fundraising-exceeded-100-million-in-2017/2018/01/21/1df45512-ff11-11e7-9d31-d72cf78dbeee_story.html

and

Democrats’ early money haul stuns GOP
A historic number of well-funded candidates have flooded Republican House districts ahead of 2018.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/23/2018-fundraising-democrats-house-races-244044

rats also need to keep their base fired up and unified.  They will do this with promises of taking back the House in Nov. and later impeachment.   

Offline libertybele

They will and they are.  Last month the House voted down bringing impeachment proceedings to the floor. 58 rats voted yea, and Rep Nadler currently has drawn up a censure for President Trump's $h1thole comment.  It has 130 rat co-sponsors.  They know they can't win, but they have to keep doing this.  This will only change when or if President Trump is popular with the American people.  Assuming the current polls are marginally accurate trying to impeach President Trump now does not hurt the rats in fact it probably helps unify their base.

The majority of ideologically driven rats ( and republicans ) are living in bubbles.  They do not have to entertain opposing ideas because it isn't on whatever propaganda media they subscribe to, and all their wrong-thinking Facebook friends have been purged.  The rat minions are already apoplectic that President Trump has not been impeached, and if the rats do not continue then they don't get this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/smashing-a-record-house-democrats-fundraising-exceeded-100-million-in-2017/2018/01/21/1df45512-ff11-11e7-9d31-d72cf78dbeee_story.html

and

A historic number of well-funded candidates have flooded Republican House districts ahead of 2018.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/23/2018-fundraising-democrats-house-races-244044

rats also need to keep their base fired up and unified. They will do this with promises of taking back the House in Nov. and later impeachment.

People seem to forget that Trump has willingly offered to allow the addition of 1.8 million voters -- and they sure as heck aren't going to vote under the GOP umbrella, giving the DEMS the votes and the majority.  Of course they're going to impeach Trump regardless of what they can charge him with -- impeachment is based on them charging and convicting him of;  Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.  It's up to Congress to make that determination -- a Congress that is quite capable of coming up with charges even if they're made up -- Russian collusion ring a bell?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

and

rats also need to keep their base fired up and unified.  They will do this with promises of taking back the House in Nov. and later impeachment.   

Donald Trump will not be successfully impeached based on what seems to be the worst that Mueller would be likely to find. 

The democrats, Bless their souls, if they retake the Congress, are finally going to take a page from the political suicide playbook of the GOP and immolate themselves impeaching Trump the same way the GOP immolated itself impeaching Clinton in the 1990s.

I look forward to the disaster they will create.

Donald Trump will not be successfully impeached based on what seems to be the worst that Mueller would be likely to find. 

The democrats, Bless their souls, if they retake the Congress, are finally going to take a page from the political suicide playbook of the GOP and immolate themselves impeaching Trump the same way the GOP immolated itself impeaching Clinton in the 1990s.

I look forward to the disaster they will create.

That could happen.  If the rats take the House, but not the Senate, I'm guessing they can impeach President Trump without much consequence...at least as many times as the GOP repealed Obamacare under Obama. As usual the factors that could change everything are the economy, scandal, war, terrorism, and as the Bible predicts plague, famine, and disease.

You know I'm just kidding about the Bible prophesy right, my friend?  I have never believe the Beast of Revelations could be as dumb as President Trump.

Oceander

That could happen.  If the rats take the House, but not the Senate, I'm guessing they can impeach President Trump without much consequence...at least as many times as the GOP repealed Obamacare under Obama. As usual the factors that could change everything are the economy, scandal, war, terrorism, and as the Bible predicts plague, famine, and disease.

You know I'm just kidding about the Bible prophesy right, my friend?  I have never believe the Beast of Revelations could be as dumb as President Trump.

They’d have to take the Senate by more than is available to be able to successfully impeach Trump.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) argued Friday that there’s a “credible case of obstruction of justice” against President Trump

He also argued that he was a Nam war hero.

They’d have to take the Senate by more than is available to be able to successfully impeach Trump.

That's a very good point.  However if Trump's approval ratings tanks further some of the GOP might cross the isle,  especially if they blame President Trump for the lose of the Congress, or fear for their own re-election.  On the other hand I would be surprised if President Trump and the GOP don't see a huge popular rating bump from the taxcut and they have a very low bar to show improvement over this next year.   on the whole I'd agree that a Clinton style impeachment fiasco is entirely plausible.

Online Right_in_Virginia

That's a very good point.  However if Trump's approval ratings tanks further some of the GOP might cross the isle,  especially if they blame President Trump for the lose of the Congress, or fear for their own re-election.  On the other hand I would be surprised if President Trump and the GOP don't see a huge popular rating bump from the taxcut and they have a very low bar to show improvement over this next year.   on the whole I'd agree that a Clinton style impeachment fiasco is entirely plausible.

I'd like to point out that you've got an awful lot of "ifs" in a scenario built upon the same polling that brought us President Hillary Clinton. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) argued Friday that there’s a “credible case of obstruction of justice” against President Trump

He also argued that he was a Nam war hero.

There's also a 'credible case' for putting Blumenthal in a rubber room provided anyone can get a good grip on the grease bag.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

I'd like to point out that you've got an awful lot of "ifs" in a scenario built upon the same polling that brought us President Hillary Clinton.

I keep that in mind, but the speculation was based on an "if" of rats taking control of the House. I did say "Assuming the current polls are marginally accurate," which I had hoped made clear I question the polls too.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Another noisy, yipping little lap mutt who's All Hat and No Cattle

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com