Author Topic: Exclusive: Yahoo secretly scanned customer emails for U.S. intelligence - sources  (Read 562 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-yahoo-nsa-exclusive/exclusive-yahoo-secretly-scanned-customer-emails-for-u-s-intelligence-sources-idUSKCN1241YT

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc last year secretly built a custom software program to search all of its customers’ incoming emails for specific information provided by U.S. intelligence officials, according to people familiar with the matter.

The company complied with a classified U.S. government demand, scanning hundreds of millions of Yahoo Mail accounts at the behest of the National Security Agency or FBI, said three former employees and a fourth person apprised of the events.

Some surveillance experts said this represents the first case to surface of a U.S. Internet company agreeing to an intelligence agency’s request by searching all arriving messages, as opposed to examining stored messages or scanning a small number of accounts in real time.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Hell the Russians, the Chinese and probably the Norks beat the feds too it.   ANyone who still has a Yahoo email account is past stupid. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hell the Russians, the Chinese and probably the Norks beat the feds too it.   ANyone who still has a Yahoo email account is past stupid.

Gmail is even worse. Google, both in searches and email, works directly with the Federal Government.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.