Author Topic: Croatia says Serbian exhibit on WWII camp is propaganda Published: January 26, 2018 ZAGREB, Croatia  (Read 402 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Croatia says Serbian exhibit on WWII camp is propaganda
Published: January 26, 2018

ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) — Croatia has accused Serbia of creating propaganda with an exhibit at the United Nations about a concentration camp in Croatia run by the country's pro-Nazi puppet regime during World War II.

Croatian Foreign Minister Marija Pejcinovic Buric insisted Friday that Serbia used "false facts" in parts of the exhibition about the Jasenovac camp. Buric said: "Unfortunately, this does not contribute to remembering the victims."

Serbia's state TV says Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic opened the exhibit Thursday at the U.N. in New York. Tens of thousands of Jews, Serbs and anti-fascist Croats were killed in the Jasenovac camp during WWII.

Read more at: http://www.tampabay.com/croatia-says-serbian-exhibit-on-wwii-camp-is-propaganda-ap_world17d784df11174f879e93273a7df5cc87

Online dfwgator

I don't see how it's propaganda.   The Ustashe were so bad, the Nazis had to tell them to 'tone it down'.

Offline mountaineer

The Ustashe were every bit as horrible as their Nazi allies.  I don't cry for Croatian sensibilities.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In the '90s, I read every book I could on the ongoing conflict.

Unfortunately, we know from the soccer team, their fans, some hardliners, still take pride in their WWII past, have formed Swasticas at matches for the national team. It's really a pretty small country.

What @dfwgator said, I have read that said quite a few times. I've read up some on Jasenovac, the concentration camp. Our library had even some book from the '60s on the Balkans, maybe it's called "slaughterhouse", talking about post-war reprisals. Well, Tito kept them somewhat in line as a country.