Author Topic: Cruz: No path to citizenship for Dreamers  (Read 1021 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: No path to citizenship for Dreamers
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:51:46 pm »
 Cruz: No path to citizenship for Dreamers
By Morgan Gstalter - 01/25/18 04:22 PM EST

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Thursday rejected the idea of giving young immigrants in the country illegally a path to citizenship, one day after President Trump said he was open to the idea.

“I do not believe we should be granting a path to citizenship to anybody here illegally,” Cruz told reporters, according to Bloomberg. “Doing so is inconsistent with the promises we made to the men and women who elected us.”

“For some reason that to me is utterly inexplicable, we see Republicans falling all over themselves to gallop to the left of [former President] Obama in a way that is contrary to the promises made to the voters who elected us,” he added.

more
http://thehill.com/latino/370771-cruz-no-path-to-citizenship-for-dreamers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Cruz: No path to citizenship for Dreamers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 09:59:26 pm »
Glad to see the center of gravity on this issue FINALLY moving right.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:05:25 pm »
Ted is right!  As usual!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 10:09:48 pm »
Lyin' Ted up to his ol' tricks again. Of course congress won't give the illegals a path. They are going to give them a major interstate highway.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:24:55 pm »
He has been for giving out more green cards which allow a pathway to citizenship but he has wanted to take out the "pathway to citizenship" out of green cards. All the same, the House Republicans blocked the pathway to citizenship parts of immigration reform when voting for the bill.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 10:27:47 pm »
He may rightfully claim to want to deny citizenship; but still has been open to LPR, "lawful permanent residency".  Some claim the problem with that is eventually, it will come up that a bill will come up to give LPRs the right to a pathway to citizenship. That sounds like it could happen if the Presidency and congress is ever controlled by the Democrats as in 2009 or whichever year it was when healthcare was passed.

The simplest definition of amnesty is forgiving wrongdoing, even giving "permanent residency" seems to be forgiving being in the country illegally.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:28:36 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 10:35:52 pm »
Give it up, Tom.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 10:41:19 pm »
Give it up, Tom.

Tommy has every right to be upset with Ted. When he was a kid Ted would kick dirt at his Barbies on the playground and then laugh at him. It left some mental scars.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 11:05:27 pm »
Cruz's 2013 amendment to the gang of 8 bill took away a path to citizenship but you give these people LPR, legal or lawful permanent residence, are we going to do the same to the children if they are born here? His program expanded handing out green cards. So, if these people have LPR, what about the future? Will their children be citizens? That seems like it would be hard to deny along with his expansion of H1B1 visas.  Kind of like the anchor-baby/birthright dilemma which is not an accurate interpretation of the Constitution according to many.

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card-tracker/total-green-cards-issued-per-year-per-category.php?year=2010

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 11:06:59 pm »
Give it up, Tom.

Can't speak on-topic? Can't argue a point? Have to make it personal? Condescension? I win then.

I've nothing to be ashamed about. I am not running a campaign that accuses other candidates of making statements about the Bible they didn't.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:14:11 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 11:13:48 pm »
Cruz has also revived his rationale for a legalization deal. On Nov. 30, at a campaign stop in Iowa, Kasie Hunt of MSNBC asked Cruz to define amnesty. Cruz answered: “I consider amnesty to be forgiving the law-breaking of those who come here illegally, and having no consequences, and in particular a path to citizenship.” These specifications—“no consequences,” “in particular a path to citizenship”—give Cruz space to accept a path to green cards and deny that it’s amnesty. Three times, Hunt asked Cruz the logical follow-up question: “Is a path to legalization amnesty?” Cruz turned and walked away.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/01/ted_cruz_may_be_the_most_gifted_liar_ever_to_run_for_president.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 12:04:00 am »
Can't speak on-topic? Can't argue a point? Have to make it personal? Condescension? I win then.

I've nothing to be ashamed about. I am not running a campaign that accuses other candidates of making statements about the Bible they didn't.

No, you've worn me out. Your misrepresentations and misstatements and odd animosity towards Cruz has just worn me out.  Carry on.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 12:25:15 am »
Cruz's 2013 amendment to the gang of 8 bill took away a path to citizenship but you give these people LPR, legal or lawful permanent residence, are we going to do the same to the children if they are born here? His program expanded handing out green cards. So, if these people have LPR, what about the future? Will their children be citizens? That seems like it would be hard to deny along with his expansion of H1B1 visas.  Kind of like the anchor-baby/birthright dilemma which is not an accurate interpretation of the Constitution according to many.

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card-tracker/total-green-cards-issued-per-year-per-category.php?year=2010

Children born here will be citizens.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 12:51:52 am »
Children born here will be citizens.

Not if the are the children of foreign nationals necessarily.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 12:54:00 am »
Not if the are the children of foreign nationals necessarily.

Yes, necessarily, unless the parents are foreign diplomats or foreign military assigned here.