Author Topic: Will Trump get trumped by the amnesty agenda?  (Read 356 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Will Trump get trumped by the amnesty agenda?
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:44:23 pm »
Will Trump get trumped by the amnesty agenda?

The position the president presents on immigration over the next week will define his presidency. He will either suffer a “read my lips moment” on steroids, or he will rejuvenate his base and put Democrats on defense by standing for Americans first. Which one will it be? If it’s the amnesty route, Republicans will be routed in the midterms.

Conservatives should gird for battle. Trump announced that he’d be releasing an immigration framework on Monday. Given that the Goodlatte bill already has everything conservatives want plus a limited amnesty, what more is there to do? Why not just embrace the House bill?

Let’s just analyze what the president said publicly last night. He talked about an amnesty that “morphs” into citizenship in 10-12 years and also suggested that if there is no deal by his arbitrary March 5 deadline, he can extend it. “I certainly have the right to that, if I want,” said Trump when asked about the extension by reporters.

No, you cannot, Mr. President. You can’t say this is unconstitutional and then proceed to ratify it. As much as I’m revolted by Judge Alsup who mandated judicial amnesty, he did have one valid point when he observed this inconsistency in Trump. Trump’s mistake was continuing the amnesty for the first nine months of his presidency and then allowing some extensions for another six months. He lost the moral high ground on the argument............

...........One of the latest rumors is that Trump would forgo his demands on chain migration, interior enforcement, sanctuary cities, asylum and UAC reform, and an end to catch-and-release, if they just give him the darn $25 billion for the border wall. The president must understand that this is a repeat of the same Schumer trap from 1986.

While a border wall is an important component of blocking one dimension of illegal immigration, any promise for immediate amnesty in return for long-term funding is no deal at all. You must trade statutory changes for statutory changes, not for funding. Building a wall is a long-term project, and Democrats can easily shut off the funding when they win back Congress and the presidency. And indeed, if Trump agrees to amnesty, the Democrat takeover of Congress will be assured..............

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/will-trump-get-trumped-amnesty-agenda/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

Re: Will Trump get trumped by the amnesty agenda?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:56:17 pm »
Absolutely 100% spot on.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 07:11:20 pm »
Trump announced that he’d be releasing an immigration framework on Monday. Given that the Goodlatte bill already has everything conservatives want plus a limited amnesty, what more is there to do? Why not just embrace the House bill?

I'd actually prefer they submit outlines on budgets and legislation.  That way, we know where the administration is coming from and what they want.  The President represents America, while Soy Latte only represents the VA 6th District.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 01:48:19 am »
Well Trump just announced that he in essence is willing to grant a path to citizenship for 1.8 million!!!  So ... we've ALL been trumped by Trump's amnesty agenda as that's been the plan all along.  In exchange he wants money put into a trust fund for the wall?  Seriously?  That wall will never be built, we'll see blanket amnesty for the majority of illegals here.  So -- what's going to stop mass migration now from pouring over our borders?  NOTHING!  The world now knows that all anyone has to do is enter the good ole U.S.A. and they become citizens and get a free ride ... all at the expense of those U.S. citizens who were here before they opened the flood gates.  Only problem is ... that free ride will be unsustainable.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.