Author Topic: Trump at Davos: The Palestinians Need to Show Some Respect or We're Done With Them  (Read 515 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Katie Pavlich
Jan. 25, 2018

Speaking to reporters during a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, President Trump touted his decision to officially move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and slammed the Palestinians for their ongoing disrespect of the peace process.

"What I did with Jerusalem was my honor," Trump said. "We give [Palestinians] hundreds of millions of dollars of aid and support. Tremendous numbers. Numbers nobody understands. That money is on the table and that money's not going to them unless they sit down and negotiate peace. Because I can tell you, Israel does want to make peace and they're going to have to want to make peace too or we're not going to deal with them any longer."

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/01/25/trump-on-palestinians-n2439631

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hmmmm....
That's tellin' 'em!

Hey folks ... which OTHER of the Republican candidates of 2016 would have had the intestinal fortitude to come out and say something point blank like this?

Jeb? (heh)
Kasich?
Fiorina?
Perry?
Even Ted Cruz?

Fugeddaboutit !

Offline endicom

Hmmmm....
That's tellin' 'em!

Hey folks ... which OTHER of the Republican candidates of 2016 would have had the intestinal fortitude to come out and say something point blank like this?

Jeb? (heh)
Kasich?
Fiorina?
Perry?
Even Ted Cruz?

Fugeddaboutit !

Cruz might want to but I don't think he would.

Trump hasn't let anything said about him stand in his way. There's no sign that he's on the defensive at Davos. He simply deals with other leaders as he would if nothing had been said about him.