Author Topic: Conservative Heritage Foundation Rates Trump’s First Year Better Than Reagan’s  (Read 689 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Conservative Heritage Foundation Rates Trump’s First Year Better Than Reagan’s
by Jim Hoft
January 25, 2018by Jim Hoft

News Flash to Conservatives in the Republican Party – According to the Heritage Foundation President Trump did an amazing job in his first year in office – even better than conservative and American icon President Ronald Reagan!

The New York Times reported that the conservative Heritage Foundation ranks President Trump as doing even better than conservative icon President Ronald Reagan in the first year of his Presidency –

Read more at: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/conservative-heritage-foundation-rates-trumps-first-year-better-reagans/

Offline Frank Cannon

There is a fair argument that Donny has been a bit harder core than Reagan so far.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The country was in a recession during Reagan's first year and unemployment was up to 10% in November 1982.  There was never a time when Reagan had full congressional majority.

The turnaround we experienced in the 80s from the 1970s can't be compared to today. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:42:59 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

The country was in a recession during Reagan's first year and unemployment was up to 10% in November 1982.  There was never a time when Reagan had full congressional majority.

The turnaround we experienced in the 80s from the 1970s can't be compared to today.

Of course Donny had a better year...he wasn't shot.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

THAT may have actually impressed Jodie Foster.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

I agree the times were quite different, we had high inflation, maybe "stagflation" back then. Reagan's first year, 1981 was at a lowpoint for the country. Let's not forget, Reagan faced an assassination attempt on Mar. 30, 1981 so if I have this correct, quite soon after the inauguration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_assassination_of_Ronald_Reagan
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:53:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I agree the times were quite different, we had high inflation, maybe "stagflation" back then. Reagan's first year, 1981 was at a lowpoint for the country. Let's not forget, Reagan faced an assassination attempt on Mar. 30, 1981 so if I have this correct, quite soon after the inauguration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_assassination_of_Ronald_Reagan

They are still using his quote on TV shows, "Honey, I forgot to duck."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

No, we can't compare the two at all, but Trump has done well.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Still loving Reagan's response in the Hospital after he was shot.

Lying on a gurney under sheets, he opens his eyes and his top staff are surrounding him.

"Whose minding the store if you're all here?" he asks them.

"Don't worry about a thing Sir," they tell him. "It's covered. The Government is running just fine."

Reagan manages a grimace and replies: "Now why would you think that would make me feel any better?"
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com