Author Topic: Dutch police to ‘undress’ youths wearing clothes deemed too expensive for them  (Read 815 times)

Offline Suppressed

Dutch police to ‘undress’ youths wearing clothes deemed too expensive for them
Officers will target young men wearing designer clothes and watches they seemingly cannot afford
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/rottherdam-police-undress-youth-clothes-expensive-crime-gangs-racial-profiling-a8169631.html
Caroline Mortimer @cjmortimer 3 days ago

Rotterdam Police will try the new scheme which will see people losing their expensive belongings if they cannot prove they bought them legally

Police in the Dutch city of Rotterdam have launched a new pilot programme which will see them confiscating expensive clothing and jewellery from young people if they look too poor to own them.

Officers say the scheme will see them target younger men in designer clothes they seem unlikely to be able to afford legally – if it is not clear how the person paid for it, it will be confiscated.

The idea is to deter criminality by sending a signal that the men will not be able to hang onto their ill-gotten gains.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

So the cops are going to confiscate stolen items. How novel.

Offline Suppressed

So the cops are going to confiscate stolen items. How novel.

"Sorry, Herr Kommisar, but I don't carry receipts around with me."

"Your papers are not in order."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frank Cannon

"Sorry, Herr Kommisar, but I don't carry receipts around with me."

"Your papers are not in order."

Cops have done this for generations here in the US. Some druggy hobo that smells like vomit living under a bridge wearing a Rolex got some extremely hard scrutiny. It's called bare minimum police work.

You have some sort of fetish for having your shit stolen by losers and then having them flaunt it in your face on the street or is it like a game where if you get out the door with the stolen loot you get to keep it?

Offline Suppressed

Cops have done this for generations here in the US. Some druggy hobo that smells like vomit living under a bridge wearing a Rolex got some extremely hard scrutiny. It's called bare minimum police work.

You have some sort of fetish for having your shit stolen by losers and then having them flaunt it in your face on the street or is it like a game where if you get out the door with the stolen loot you get to keep it?

I know you're not into the rule of law as much as the Trump skeptics are, but surely you've heard someone once mention the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution
+++++++++

Online DB

Due process is so yesterday...

Offline Frank Cannon

I know you're not into the rule of law as much as the Trump skeptics are, but surely you've heard someone once mention the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution

Didn't know the Dutch had protections under the US Constitution? Thanks for filling me in on that genius.