Author Topic: Emboldened conservatives press Ryan to bring hard-right immigration bill to floor  (Read 402 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Emboldened conservatives press Ryan to bring hard-right immigration bill to floor
By Scott Wong and Melanie Zanona - 01/23/18 02:45 PM EST

Emboldened by what they believe was a victory in the three-day government shutdown, House conservatives are raising the pressure on Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to bring a tough border enforcement bill to the floor.

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) has been urging President Trump and the White House to more forcefully advocate for the legislation, crafted by House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas), which is much more conservative than a bipartisan Senate plan to shield recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program from deportation.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/370316-emboldened-conservatives-press-ryan-to-bring-hard-right-immigration-bill-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Engorged House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows is blowing off some steam.   888high58888
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Just had to go ruin my day, didn't you?

Reminding me that the "Hard Right Conservatives" have no where better to go than Magic Underwear Romney-and his faithful GOPE sidekick Babe Ryan, 2012.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Do it.
Strike while the iron is hot.