Author Topic: Powerful Republican Committee Wants Vote On Goodlatte’s Conservative DACA Bill  (Read 372 times)

Offline libertybele

...hmm... they are wise to want to try to keep Ryan's hands out of the cookie jar.

Powerful Republican Committee Wants Vote On Goodlatte’s Conservative DACA Bill

An influential caucus of conservative Republicans is pushing House Speaker Paul Ryan to hold a vote on an immigration reform bill that has emerged as a White House favorite.

The 150-member Republican Study Committee (RSC) announced Tuesday that it endorses the Securing America’s Future Act, which gives legal status to certain younger illegal immigrants in exchange for a host of conservative immigration reforms.

Critically, the bill contains provisions on the three concessions demanded by President Donald Trump as part of an amnesty for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program: border wall funding, limits on chain migration, and the end to the diversity visa lottery.

The RSC’s steering committee voted to back the bill and called for a floor vote in the House.

“The Securing America’s Future Act is the framework to strengthen border security, increase interior enforcement and resolve the DACA situation,” the steering committee said in a statement, according to CNN. “We believe an eventual stand alone floor vote is essential. We oppose any process for a DACA solution that favors a backroom deal with Democrats over regular order in the House.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/23/powerful-republican-committee-wants-vote-on-goodlattes-conservative-daca-bill/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:34:45 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
I'll hold my breathe until a bill is passed
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
They say certain dreamers.  I wonder what the criteria is?  I think that the dreamers should have to show that they are employed with a job earning over a certain amount of money and that they are self sufficient not needing any handouts.  The deal should exclude them from any social benefits for a period of ten years?

Mexico has a criteria for people to move there and it is based on salary and bank accounts.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.