Author Topic: Sessions Interviewed By Mueller Team In Russia Investigation  (Read 451 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sessions Interviewed By Mueller Team In Russia Investigation
« on: January 23, 2018, 03:54:58 pm »

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions was interviewed for hours last week in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, the Justice Department confirmed Tuesday.

The interview comes as Mueller is investigating whether President Donald Trump's actions in office, including the firing of FBI Director James Comey, constitute efforts to obstruct an FBI probe into contacts between his 2016 campaign and Russia.

Sessions is thought to be the highest-ranking Trump administration official, and first Cabinet member, to be interviewed by Mueller's team.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sessions-interviewed-mueller-team-russia-investigation-150647874--politics.html?.tsrc=bell-thrones
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:55:49 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Sessions Interviewed By Mueller Team In Russia Investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 03:56:55 pm »
The first thing they wanted to know was how he made all those cookies in that tree house.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:59:11 pm »
Mueller trying to reinforce Session’s recusal? The timing is more than coincidental it seems, in light of everything else revealed this week.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Attorney General Jeff Sessions questioned in special counsel's Russia probe
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:34:31 pm »
Attorney General Jeff Sessions questioned in special counsel's Russia probe
CNBC, Jan 23, 2018, Dan Mangan

President Donald Trump's attorney general, Jeff Sessions, has been questioned by the special counsel's office in its probe into Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Robert Mueller's office questioned Sessions for several hours last week. It was the first time that a Trump Cabinet member was known to have been interviewed for that investigation.

The New York Times first reported the news. Sessions' spokeswoman, Sarah Isgur Flores, confirmed to CNBC that the attorney general was interviewed last week by the special counsel's office.

When asked about the news, a White House official told CNBC, "We're cooperative, support the process and want the special counsel to finish what he's doing, but we don't comment on individual interviews."

Mueller, in addition to looking into Russia interference in the election that sent Trump to the White House, also is investigating whether the president has obstructed justice by interfering with inquiries into Russian actions.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/special-counsel-questions-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-on-russia.html

Sessions Is Interviewed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation
NY Times, Jan 23, 2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/us/politics/jeff-sessions-special-counsel-russia.html

How long will this "Russia probe" be allowed to continue????   

I want every investigator involved in the bs in jail!!  9999hair out0000

Offline jpsb

If Sessions have any balls he would have accepted Director Wrays' resignation. Session is not
up to the job of being Attorney General.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have obtained an exclusive photo from the interview.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 04:50:24 pm »
Mueller trying to reinforce Session’s recusal? The timing is more than coincidental it seems, in light of everything else revealed this week.

It would seem if Sessions passes with flying colors and Mueller finds nothing, Sessions can unrecuse his recusal and start actually going after this stuff.

In a perfect world anyway.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 04:53:38 pm »
Threads merged.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 05:17:50 pm »
It would seem if Sessions passes with flying colors and Mueller finds nothing, Sessions can unrecuse his recusal and start actually going after this stuff.

In a perfect world anyway.

Nah. Sessions is the 'stealth' AG. He is the invisible man.

I don't know what it is that Hillary and her flying monkeys have on Sessions, but it must be something big. He certainly seems to be in her pocket. He hasn't done a GD thing since he took office except recuse himself and hide under his desk.

Once in a while he will throw out a vague memo to give one the impression that he is working 'behind the scenes', but it just smoke. I'm not buying it.

Jeff Sessions has announce an exploratory committee to look into possibly forming a subcommittee to look into the idea of exploring the concept of possibly looking at the Hillary email situation.

Sessions is no different from Holder and Lynch. He is the same thing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 07:17:15 pm »
I don't know, folks.
I think Sessions is going to surprise some people when all of this is over.
Just a hunch.
He seemed pretty direct about getting those missing text back, or else...

Sessions is wrong about asset forfeiture and talking on legalized weed ,IMO.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:27:32 pm by GrouchoTex »