Author Topic: Apache helicopter pilots become first active-duty same-sex couple to marry at West Point  (Read 725 times)

Offline Suppressed

Apache helicopter pilots become first active-duty same-sex couple to marry at West Point
'We subscribe to Harvey Milk's philosophy that it's so important to be out and be an example of normalcy,' the couple told The Independent
Ryan Butcher @ryanjohnbutcher 12 mins ago

Daniel Hall and Vincent Franchino made history by becoming the first active-duty same-sex couple to marry at West Point Jennifer Marsh

Two army captains have made history after exchanging vows at West Point in New York, becoming the first active-duty same-sex couple to get married at the esteemed United States military academy.

Daniel Hall, 30, and Vincent Franchino, 26, declared their love for each other in front of family and friends in the academy's chapel.

They first met at West Point in 2009 when Hall was a senior and Franchino was a freshman.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Joe Wooten

Offline bolobaby

"We subscribe to Harvey Milk's philosophy that it's so important to be out and be an example of normalcy..."

Uh... normalcy isn't something you can just proclaim.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is more of a political statement than a love story. Now that they have married,they can no longer serve in the same unit.  They can be based at the same army post IF there is an opening for each one in a different helicopter unit,but that's it/
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Unless they set fire to a army base,both of those guys are automatically guaranteed senior field grade officer before retirement,and at least one of them will get at least 1 star,or there will be a lawsuit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ahhh,the "Long Gay Line".

Offline Frank Cannon