Author Topic: Dick Durbin Claims Amnesty Is ‘Civil Rights Issue of Our Time’  (Read 945 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dick Durbin Claims Amnesty Is ‘Civil Rights Issue of Our Time’
Breitbart, Jan 22, 2018, Neil Munro

Democratic Senators believe amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants is the “civil rights issue of our time,” declared Sen. Dick Durbin, just before he voted January 22 to end the 2018 budget filibuster.

Durbin’s promotion of illegal immigrants above African-Americans and other Americans spotlights the party’s decision that Americans’ deficits in wealth, job opportunities, and education are subordinate to the party’s strategy of allying with business to import foreign voters via the nation’s mass-immigration laws.

Durbin spoke just before the vote began, saying: 
So many of you cast a vote that was very hard and very difficult because you believed — as I did — that the issue of immigration, the issue of dreamers, is the civil rights issue of our time. You stuck your necks out and said ‘I’m willing to go on record even if it is going to be hard to explain back home,’ but I will never forget that.

More w/video:  http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/01/22/dick-durbin-claims-amnesty-is-civil-rights-issue-of-our-time/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_content=links&utm_campaign=20180122

Offline Frank Cannon

Little Dick claims many things on any given day. All of them are lies.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:24:10 am by Frank Cannon »

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"You stuck your necks out and said ‘I’m willing to go on record even if it is going to be hard to explain back home,’ but I will never forget that. "

"I say, Talking to this boy's just like backing into a bit and brace, you know what I mean? You just get bored."

Foghorn Leghorn
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Shut up...Dick
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between insanity and profound stupidity.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Let him explain it to his bros back in Chicago that DACA illegals are more important than their plight in the hoods. That ought to get him re-elected...not.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

• Wulf Anson Author
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between insanity and profound stupidity.

Not so much in Dick's case. Just gotta remind yourself what's the oldest profession on earth.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Not so much in Dick's case. Just gotta remind yourself what's the oldest profession on earth.

As in: "doing stupid things over and over and expecting a different result"?

• Wulf Anson Author
As in: "doing stupid things over and over and expecting a different result"?

No. As in renting out every part of you to every diseased John that even looks your way.

Offline skeeter

Or profound stupidity and crass self interest, for that matter.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
he's not stupid, he's a traitor.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No. As in renting out every part of you to every diseased John that even looks your way.

Sounds pretty stupid to me. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Saying amnesty is a 'civil right' presumes that illegal criminal non-citizens have 'rights'.

This fits with the larger Leftist claim that foreign terrorists have 'rights'.

What the Left says is that all people everywhere in the world have the same 'rights' as any American citizen. So, all people everywhere fall under the American Constitution and the American Bill of Rights, whether they are American citizens or not.

A corollary to this idea is that all people everywhere in the world should be able to vote in any American election regardless of their status. After all, preventing them from voting would violate their 'civil rights'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
he's not stupid, he's a traitor.

He's neither, he's the ultimate cynical political animal.   Sowing chaos means more to him than public service.   The Dreamers are mere pawns in his game to win back Dem control of the Congress.   The longer the Dreamers' plight is prolonged, the better for Dickless Durbin. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

What civil rights? Those rights guaranteed American citizens?

Yeah, try breaking the law as an American in any other country, then demanding your civil rights while the police  :silly:

• Wulf Anson Author
What civil rights? Those rights guaranteed American citizens?

Yeah, try breaking the law as an American in any other country, then demanding your civil rights while the police  :silly:

Which is why we put Gitmo OFF of American soil.

And our military there still treats the terrorists they capture with kid gloves, instead of, . . . .

The guards there have excrement hurled at them by those scum from between the bars, and they Still don't drag them out of the cage by the hair and give them even a good thrashing for it.

If the shoe were on the other foot, our people would be getting worked over with electric drills and dull knives, on youtube.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:45:17 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline driftdiver

He's neither, he's the ultimate cynical political animal.   Sowing chaos means more to him than public service.   The Dreamers are mere pawns in his game to win back Dem control of the Congress.   The longer the Dreamers' plight is prolonged, the better for Dickless Durbin.

@Jazzhead
Sowing chaos to help those who want to hurt America is treason.

• Wulf Anson Author
@Jazzhead
Sowing chaos to help those who want to hurt America is treason.

No problem with that assessment, sedition and all, but we don't the guts to try anyone for treason.

Offline driftdiver

No problem with that assessment, sedition and all, but we don't the guts to try anyone for treason.

Heck you could do something crazy like put Tom secret information on your personal laptop backed up to Yahoo and they'd give you a medal.