Author Topic: Fusion GPS Co-Founder: Washington Free Beacon Paid Firm for Oppo Research on Ted Cruz  (Read 673 times)

Offline libertybele

Fusion GPS Co-Founder: Washington Free Beacon Paid Firm for Oppo Research on Ted Cruz

Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson, in an interview with the House intelligence committee on November 14, admitted to doing work on Cruz in addition to Trump, while it was being paid by the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative media outlet backed by billionaire and hedge fund manager Paul Singer.

Simpson was asked during the interview by investigators if he or Fusion GPS had been retained to conduct research on any other 2016 presidential candidate.

“That question, in the way you phrased it, has refreshed by memory, and I was — I remember we did work on Ted Cruz. And I think it was part of the Beacon matter,” he said. He could not remember if they had looked into other candidates.

Singer backed Republican establishment candidate Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), in the 2016 presidential election. Cruz, who came in second in the Republican primaries, was, like Trump, a non-establishment Republican candidate.

The Washington Free Beacon’s editor-in-chief, Matthew Continetti, is a former editor at the neo-conservative Weekly Standard, whose founder and current editor-at-large is Never-Trumper Bill Kristol. Continetti is also Kristol’s son-in-law.........

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/21/washington-free-beacon-also-paid-fusion-gps-conduct-opposition-research-ted-cruz/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oh, OK.....and?

Offline libertybele

Oh...and again...the media lies and again no accountability.  The media all but elected Bammy, tried to elect Hillary but failed, but they sure as heck are now trying to do everything they can to destroy Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

Oh...and again...the media lies and again no accountability.  The media all but elected Bammy, tried to elect Hillary but failed, but they sure as heck are now trying to do everything they can to destroy Trump.

Excellent video on that topic Here

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent video on that topic Here

I hope I live long enough to see the parade of orange jumpsuits led by Hillary Clintoon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well that may distract the ADD squirrel! contingent but what does that have to do with anything?
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I hope I live long enough to see the parade of orange jumpsuits led by Hillary Clintoon!

@Bigun
I think she's healthy enough to outlast the dedicated, honorable and patriotic FBI agents who are investigating her.   Just a guess
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

We’ve had a preview of sorts.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

We’ve had a preview of sorts.....

@edpc

That's nice but it lacks the proper jewelry.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

Oh, OK.....and?
@Sanguine

I think many people don't know candidates hire opposition research companies all the time.  If you are running against someone, you need to know their background.  That is what these companies do.  Totally legal.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

I think many people don't know candidates hire opposition research companies all the time.  If you are running against someone, you need to know their background.  That is what these companies do.  Totally legal.

Agreed. I don't even think it's unethical or particularly newsworthy.