Author Topic: Rep. Schiff: We Can’t Release FISA Memo Because American People Wouldn’t Understand It  (Read 1151 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Schiff: We Can’t Release FISA Memo Because American People Wouldn’t Understand It
‘The American people unfortunately don’t have the underlying materials and therefore they can’t see how distorted and misleading this document is’

Jan 20, 2018

RUSH TRANSCRIPT:

CABRERA: "Let me ask you about the Russia investigation. I can't have you here and not. Especially given how much we talked about it in the first year of the presidency. And now if you turn on any conservative media, they keep talking about this Nunez memo, the chairman of the house intelligence committee, that he's put out there and many Republicans have taken a look at it and they want it made public. Can you tell us what exactly is it?"

SCHIFF: "It is essentially a set of talking points that the Republican Intel staff drafted. Based on the highly classified materials which most of the Republican members were forced to acknowledge. They've not even read. So they don't know how distorted these talking points are. But as part of the narrative they want to push out. Interestingly enough, they've made common cause once again with Russian bots because Russian bots are pushing their narrative out there. It's in a redux of the campaign. We have assange and Wikileaks and Russian trolls and bots saying, you know, hash tag whatever the GOP narrative is. That ought to tell you a lot about what's driving this. And that is --"

CABRERA: "Why not allow peel to look at it and let Americans make the decision for themselves about whether it's useful information or not?"

SCHIFF: "Well, because the American people unfortunately don't have the underlying materials and therefore they can't see how distorted and misleading this document is. The Republicans are not saying make the underlying materials available to the public. They just want to make this spin available to the public. I think that spin, which is a attack on the FBI, is just designed to attack the FBI and Bob Mueller to circle the wagons for the White House. And that's a terrible disservice to the people, hard working people at the bureau, but more than that, it's a disservice to the country."

more
https://news.grabien.com/story-rep-schiff-we-cant-release-fisa-memo-because-american-people
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And, of course, he's really afraid that we can understand it.

Offline skeeter

Well do what the democrats do then. Leak it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How does Schiff know the contents? Did Comey's FBI tell him ?

Why not let our duly elected representatives see this on our behalf, and decide the merit ?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How does Schiff know the contents? Did Comey's FBI tell him ?

Why not let our duly elected representatives see this on our behalf, and decide the merit ?

That's what they are doing, the committee voted to release it to all members of Congress.  I predict Congress will decide Schiff is correct, and we'll never see it. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

That's what they are doing, the committee voted to release it to all members of Congress.  I predict Congress will decide Schiff is correct, and we'll never see it.

You are probably correct; too many swamp creatures left.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
You are probably correct; too many swamp creatures left.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@Cyber Liberty

Likely true as they know what I know.  If that memo is ever released to the public and nothing is done about what it shows there will be civil unrest that makes anything you've seen up to now seem like a Sunday School outing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

@Cyber Liberty

Likely true as they know what I know.  If that memo is ever released to the public and nothing is done about what it shows there will be civil unrest that makes anything you've seen up to now seem like a Sunday School outing.

All the reason that we need to call and e-mail or Congressmen and DEMAND that they release the FISA memo and hold those involved accountable!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

If it was okay for Feinstein to leak a secret document with no consequences another senator needs to do a Feinstein with this report and claim a headache made them do it...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:54:32 am by DB »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rep. Schiff:
"We Can’t Release FISA Memo Because American People Wouldn’t Understand It..."

If this was a memo that was damaging to the Republicans, Mr Schiff and the rest of his democrat-communists would have already leaked it ... to the Washington Post or the New York Times..!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
American people wouldn't understand it.

Has a familiar ring to it.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com