Author Topic: Mick Mulvaney: Some Democrats want the shutdown to last until Trump's State of the Union  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mick Mulvaney: Some Democrats want the shutdown to last until Trump's State of the Union
by Naomi Lim | Jan 21, 2018, 11:04 AM

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney said Sunday there's a chance the shutdown could end Monday or Senate Democrats will ensure the federal government remains closed until President Trump is due to deliver his first State of the Union.

"I really do believe that at heart here there was an interest by some folks in the Democratic Party to deny the president sort of the victory lap of the anniversary of his inauguration, the chance to talk about that success of the tax bill, success with the economy and jobs," Mulvaney told "Fox News Sunday." "And I think if they get over that, there's a chance this thing gets done before 9 a.m. on Monday."

"There are other Democrats who want to see the president give the State of the Union during the shutdown," he said, ahead of the address scheduled for Jan. 30.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mick-mulvaney-some-democrats-want-the-shutdown-to-last-until-trumps-state-of-the-union/article/2646608
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

If Trump is true to form, I don’t think the Democrats are going to get off scot-free in the state of the union speech if they keep the govt shut down.