Author Topic: Gutierrez ready to give in on wall  (Read 1014 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gutierrez ready to give in on wall
« on: January 20, 2018, 09:31:21 pm »
Gutierrez ready to give in on wall
By Mike Lillis - 01/20/18 04:15 PM EST

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) said Saturday that he’s ready to give President Trump his signature border wall if the Republicans will agree to new legal protections for the Dreamers.

Furthermore, he said he’d help with the construction.

“I’ll take a bucket, take bricks, and start building it myself,” Gutierrez told reporters in the Capitol.

“We will dirty our hands in order for the Dreamers to have a clean future in America.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/369945-gutierrez-ready-to-give-in-on-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Gutierrez ready to give in on wall
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:34:49 pm »
LOL!

They're betting that they will turn the House and Senate in November, and that the funding will be pulled.

...that it's a "win-win" for them.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 09:38:29 pm »
NO DEAL!  Independent issues of each other.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 09:41:14 pm »
NO DEAL!  Independent issues of each other.

Yep, It's a "...hamburger today, for which I'll gladly pay you next Tuesday".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 09:49:18 pm »
700,000-800,000 so called dreamers narrowly defined and nobody else; no chain migration, fine with me.

The add-ons, not fine at all.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 11:29:39 pm »
700,000-800,000 so called dreamers narrowly defined and nobody else; no chain migration, fine with me.

If the Pubies give in on that, the Dems will want the whole enchilada.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 01:27:05 am »

Actually the figure is more like 1.5 million...NO AMNESTY.  NO CHAIN MIGRATION.  BUILD THE WALL.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 01:45:22 am »
He's offering words for Trump's actions.  That's a losing proposition that Trump will never go for.  Never trade actions for words, first rule of negotiating.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 02:22:26 am »
Take Guiterrez for whatever you can get, (funding vote) then vote him out of town on a rail.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 02:45:48 am »
I had a dream that America was populated by lawful citizens who share a common culture, language and collective future. 

Call me a "Dreamer".

I'm just not thinking Shmuck the Cuck Schumer is working for me.  Just not thinking it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 11:40:42 am »
“I think the wall is a monumental waste of taxpayers’ money, and it’s to build a monument to stupidity and it’s just idiotic,” Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on "This Week" Sunday.

“I think the wall is a monumental waste of taxpayers’ money, and it’s to build a monument to stupidity and it’s just idiotic,” Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on "This Week" Sunday.

“Having said that, if that’s what it’s going to take in order to put 800,000 young men and women in the country ... in a safe place and put them on course to full integration in our society... I say pay it,” Gutierrez said.

Gutierrez, who is a member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, likened the president’s demands for a border wall to holding the "Dreamers" hostage. And, he predicted that Republicans would suffer in the midterm elections as a result.

“Next November, we’ll deal with the ‘kidnappers’ at the election, at the polls,” Gutierrez said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-border-wall-monumental-waste-pay-deal-daca/story?id=52491461

I'm not the least bit fooled by his real intentions to renege on border security.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 11:43:46 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 12:11:27 pm »
I had a dream that America was populated by lawful citizens who share a common culture, language and collective future. 

Call me a "Dreamer".

I'm just not thinking Shmuck the Cuck Schumer is working for me.  Just not thinking it.

:laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 12:43:31 pm »

I'm not the least bit fooled by his real intentions to renege on border security.

Same here.  Their track record on things like this proves they aren't to be trusted.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 08:24:37 pm »
“I’ll take a bucket, take bricks, and start building it myself,” Gutierrez told reporters in the Capitol.

The only thing that piece of excrement La Razaist would help build in the border wall would be a for the people he truly represents

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 08:27:51 pm »
Yep, It's a "...hamburger today, for which I'll gladly pay you next Tuesday".

I think Gutierrez and the rest of the Dems are misreading the public.  Only a rabid minority wants a bunch of illegals here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 08:29:27 pm »
If the Pubies give in on that, the Dems will want the whole enchilada.

Trump is up for re-election right now.

He holds the cards and I'll bet (and am hoping) he won't cave.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 09:12:41 pm »
The Dreamers or those protected by DACA?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 09:23:00 pm »

A barrier is important but Gutierrez knows chain migration is the real force multiplier. He and his fellow bottom feeders won't give an inch on that issue.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 10:25:55 pm »
A barrier is important but Gutierrez knows chain migration is the real force multiplier. He and his fellow bottom feeders won't give an inch on that issue.

You're right, but this time the Republicans won't fold.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 11:22:50 pm »
You're right, but this time the Republicans won't fold.

Let's hope they finally figured out they don't have to.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 03:56:02 am »
I'd trust Mr. Gutierrez about as far as I could throw him.

I would advise the Republicans to do the same.