Author Topic: Playing McClellan to Trump's Grant: The NeverTrump Traitors  (Read 2442 times)

rangerrebew

Playing McClellan to Trump's Grant: The NeverTrump Traitors
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:43:14 am »
January 20, 2018
Playing McClellan to Trump's Grant: The NeverTrump Traitors
By Joe Herring

Some learned and accomplished folks, who deservedly command a great deal of respect and admiration, view the Trump presidency in an entirely different light from what millions of Americans see.

To these sage and wizened critics, the president's persona outweighs his achievements; his flaws overwhelm his strengths and, by extension, hamstring his ability to move an agenda forward.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/playing_mcclellan_to_trumps_grant_the_nevertrump_traitors.html#ixzz54iinEsqa

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Playing McClellan to Trump's Grant: The NeverTrump Traitors
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:56:48 am »
And Trumpers are the ones who elected Putins b***h.

If we're "traitors" maybe its time for the tiny fingered Don to nut up and take action against us. After all, if we're traitors, he has all constitutional authority to pursue and prosecute us but he's a b***h.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:59:33 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 01:50:00 pm »
Herring is correct in saying the Trump voters were not in thrall to the man but craving the change he might effect. Those voters now see that Trump does what he can to effect that change and with positive effect on the Pubs in Congress.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:12:35 pm »
@Cripplecreek

HAHAHAHA! LOL! Are you STUPID!? Or are you just an idiot fool?
You are a funny guy. That really made me laugh.

Ok idiot, let me educate you because it is obvious you do not follow the news. That Putin thing is over. Even the hardcore Leftist have dumped that stupid crap. In fact, Mueller is about to be fired. Because there is nothing there. He has had his staff of 20 something people looking for any crumb of evidence for almost a year, and they found nothing.

No but really CC, and I have nothing against you personally, but you have to be the last person in all of America who still believes in that 'Russian Collusion' fairy tale. Even CNN has dropped it. It's dead. It's gone.

Get over it please, so you can stop making a fool of yourself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:07:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 02:28:04 pm »
I am a NeverTrump...although certainly not one of the ivory tower, gilded variety the author speaks of.  I also wholeheartedly agree with how the author describes Republicans of the last 100 years.  I also believe that Trump, if he is not wholly successful, will do lasting if not permanent damage to conservatism. 

And ultimately that is what it now comes down to, if he is wholly successful he could go down as a truly great president...however unfortunately because of some rather nasty little character flaws, he can’t stop stepping on his own d!ck and get out of his own way.  Thus, I think ultimately, because of those same flaws he will undermine himself, end up not being wholly successful and then in giving uneccessary ammunition to the other side will damage conservatism long term. 

I try to live my life in as moral and upstanding fashion as possible, how Trump has led his, how he has acted throughout his, the fact that he has been a NY liberal for most of his life is wholly anathema to me...

BUT, I give him great credit for that which he has done, and there are many things, far more than i would’ve ever thought...just think what he could do if he would just stop the perpetual ammunition resupply to the other side.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:08 pm »

If we're "traitors" maybe its time for the tiny fingered Don to nut up and take action against us. After all, if we're traitors, he has all constitutional authority to pursue and prosecute us but he's a b***h.

Off your meds again?

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 04:35:18 pm »
    I'm coming around and have tempered my Neverism.  It will take a bit longer to get over my butthurt, if I ever do.  We could have had CRUZ, who IMHO, would have done all that Trump has done AND MORE with class and dignity.

Great Post @Axeslinger
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 05:03:10 pm »
I am a NeverTrump...although certainly not one of the ivory tower, gilded variety the author speaks of.  I also wholeheartedly agree with how the author describes Republicans of the last 100 years.  I also believe that Trump, if he is not wholly successful, will do lasting if not permanent damage to conservatism. 

And ultimately that is what it now comes down to, if he is wholly successful he could go down as a truly great president...however unfortunately because of some rather nasty little character flaws, he can’t stop stepping on his own d!ck and get out of his own way.  Thus, I think ultimately, because of those same flaws he will undermine himself, end up not being wholly successful and then in giving uneccessary ammunition to the other side will damage conservatism long term. 

I try to live my life in as moral and upstanding fashion as possible, how Trump has led his, how he has acted throughout his, the fact that he has been a NY liberal for most of his life is wholly anathema to me...

BUT, I give him great credit for that which he has done, and there are many things, far more than i would’ve ever thought...just think what he could do if he would just stop the perpetual ammunition resupply to the other side.

Concur with 99% of your sentiments there Axe.  Excellent summary.

However, I will not give Trump any credit.

His rabid followers have already told me that because I was not on the Trump Train when 'it mattered', I may not credit Trump and try to bask in his achievements when I had nothing to do with them.

So.... at their demand, I acquiesce.  I will not give Trump any credit, even if I agree with something he does or says.

It's not just Trump who trips on his own dick.  His rabid fanbase puts their own dicks in his way to trip over.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 03:25:50 am »
"Some learned and accomplished folks, who deservedly command a great deal of respect and admiration, view the Trump presidency in an entirely different light from what millions of Americans see."

Mr. Herring is exactly right.
As demonstrated by the behavior of some of the posters to this very thread!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 04:34:41 am »
"Some learned and accomplished folks, who deservedly command a great deal of respect and admiration, view the Trump presidency in an entirely different light from what millions of Americans see."

So?

Millions of Americans viewed the Obama regime in an entirely different light than we did.  Millions of Americans saw (and still see) Obama as a messianic savior, a 'deliverer' who was going to give them 'Hope and Change', pay their mortgages, lower the sea levels and put gas in their cars.

Millions of Americans viewed Clinton in similar light.

I don't care that millions of Americans see Trump as a national folk hero and savior either.

Just because millions of Americans view a politician as some kind of messiah and superhero who is going to give them what they want by the breath of their mouth and the mystical aura of their presence in the Oval Office, doesn't mean I abandon principles and common sense to go and join the millions of lemmings goose-stepping to the march of their chosen political pied piper.

History has proven, YES - millions of fanatics fawning over a leader tend to lead their country to ruin and YES, millions of people can be wrong.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 04:55:39 am »
I believe that those harboring an anti-Trump mindset would do well to consider that the election of Trump was never about the man – it was not the "cult of personality" that the major media and the establishment Republicans portrayed it to be, but rather more like an Arthurian drawing of sword from stone.

Yeah, referring to a Trump presidency "like an Arthurian drawing of a sword from stone" is not at all similar to a cult of personality.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 05:39:50 am »
Boy. This isn't a flamebait topic, is it? Maybe I should post something about abortion being good to mellow things out a bit.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 05:51:02 am »
Yeah, referring to a Trump presidency "like an Arthurian drawing of a sword from stone" is not at all similar to a cult of personality.   *****rollingeyes*****

Equating Trump's election as the equivalent of a mystical legend is honestly no different than the hordes of fanatics that saw Obama as Moses or Jesus.

Cult of personality indeed.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 05:53:20 am »
Equating Trump's election as the equivalent of a mystical legend is honestly no different than the hordes of fanatics that saw Obama as Moses or Jesus.

Cult of personality indeed.

Your right. It was better when Presidents created their own legends.....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 05:58:01 am »
Your right. It was better when Presidents created their own legends.....

Would you like to play Guenevere to Trump's Lancelot?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 06:05:28 am »
Would you like to play Guenevere to Trump's Lancelot?

I'm more of the guy behind King Arthur with the coconuts.....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 06:14:00 am »
I'm more of the guy behind King Arthur with the coconuts.....

When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 08:03:48 am »
@Cripplecreek

HAHAHAHA! LOL! Are you STUPID!? Or are you just an idiot fool?
You are a funny guy. That really made me laugh.

Ok idiot, let me educate you because it is obvious you do not follow the news. That Putin thing is over. Even the hardcore Leftist have dumped that stupid crap. In fact, Mueller is about to be fired. Because there is nothing there. He has had his staff of 20 something people looking for any crumb of evidence for almost a year, and they found nothing.

No but really CC, and I have nothing against you personally, but you have to be the last person in all of America who still believes in that 'Russian Collusion' fairy tale. Even CNN has dropped it. It's dead. It's gone.

Get over it please, so you can stop making a fool of yourself.

Any port in a storm, with Donald Trump his personal storm. The rage inside his head must be an awful thing to live with.

I hear knitting can be very relaxing. Maybe he should give it a go.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 11:39:01 am »
Boy. This isn't a flamebait topic, is it? Maybe I should post something about abortion being good to mellow things out a bit.

Just like this....I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now....in Opinions.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Concerned

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 01:16:48 pm »
It seems to me that words like “traitor” and “treasonous” are thrown around rather haphazardly these days.  Sure, McClellan wasn’t as aggressive as his Commander in Chief wanted, and he was replaced as a result.  That didn’t make him a traitor (after being replaced, he even ran for President in 1864 but was never tried for, much less, found guilty of treason).   So what truly makes Never Trumpers “traitors”?   The fact that they issue “petulant criticism” against Trump?  Obviously, some would like Trump critics tried as “traitors”, but liking it and the Constitution allowing it are two different things (fortunately).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 01:24:11 pm »
It seems to me that words like “traitor” and “treasonous” are thrown around rather haphazardly these days.  Sure, McClellan wasn’t as aggressive as his Commander in Chief wanted, and he was replaced as a result.  That didn’t make him a traitor (after being replaced, he even ran for President in 1864 but was never tried for, much less, found guilty of treason).   So what truly makes Never Trumpers “traitors”?   The fact that they issue “petulant criticism” against Trump?  Obviously, some would like Trump critics tried as “traitors”, but liking it and the Constitution allowing it are two different things (fortunately).

Come on, man.

There's a huge difference between 'traitor' and 'treasonous' when applied toward a political party than when it's applied toward the very Republic itself.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Concerned

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 01:32:49 pm »
Come on, man.

There's a huge difference between 'traitor' and 'treasonous' when applied toward a political party than when it's applied toward the very Republic itself.

Legitimate political disagreement and discord is NOT necessarily the act of the traitor.  Just because I (or anyone else) am against the deficit spending promulgated by the current and past few Administrations/Congresses doesn’t make me a traitor.  Just because I (or anyone else) is against the lies/falsehoods/misleading statements/distractions, petty squabbles, and childish name-calling coming from this Administration doesn’t make me a traitor either.  Criticism of this President isn’t, in and of itself, an act of a traitor.  I failed to see how the author in the OP made his case for calling Never Trumpers traitors.   This talk of political traitors is simply more unhelpful and unconstructive hyperbole IMO.  That’s my point.

"Definition of traitor
1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
2 : one who commits treason"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/traitor

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 05:56:56 pm »
Come on, man.

Trump IS the Republic according to his rabid fanbase whereby criticizing him, is criticizing the people who elected him and by extension therefore, committing treason against the Republic.

As has been explained to me by a rabid Trump supporter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 06:19:44 pm »
Trump IS the Republic according to his rabid fanbase whereby criticizing him, is criticizing the people who elected him and by extension therefore, committing treason against the Republic.

As has been explained to me by a rabid Trump supporter.

So are you going to turn yourself in for high crimes against the government? It's the only decent thing to do at this point.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 06:20:54 pm »
Just like this....I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now....in Opinions.   ^-^

The only thing shitty about being a Trump supporter is being associated with Trump supporters.