Author Topic: McConnell Says He's Waiting to Figure Out What Kind of DACA Deal Trump Will Sign  (Read 1082 times)

rangerrebew

McConnell Says He's Waiting to Figure Out What Kind of DACA Deal Trump Will Sign
By Susan Jones | January 18, 2018 | 8:29 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - "There are a lot of people on both sides of the aisle trying to get an outcome on DACA," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told a news conference on Wednesday.

But McConnell said he won't bring any bill to the Senate floor unless he's sure it's something President Trump will sign into law:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/mcconnell-says-hes-waiting-figure-out-what-kind-daca-deal-trump-will-sign

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
How has this guy gotten to this position
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He plays dumb better than anyone else??

Offline Suppressed

A minority of the voters voted for him, but they provided slim majorities in enough states to give him the win via the Electoral College.

It's gotta be frustrating for McConnell to try to negotiate while he's providing no spine.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

That, he does.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

He has elevated it to an art form and built his entire career around the practice of it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RetBobbyMI

I don’t think it is acting. One doesn’t “play” dumb 100% of the time.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline WingNot

I don’t think it is acting. One doesn’t “play” dumb 100% of the time.

Some say his IQ off the scale.  No mention of which end.  So you may be correct.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
McConnell should know that Trump will sign ANYTHING that can be spun as a "win".

After all, Trump caucused with Pelosi and Schumer back in December to get a 'win' the last time they kicked the budget can down the road.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

McConnell should know that Trump will sign ANYTHING that can be spun as a "win".

After all, Trump caucused with Pelosi and Schumer back in December to get a 'win' the last time they kicked the budget can down the road.

Yup.
+++++++++

Offline WingNot

That would fit your narrative and a few others.  Go with God on that then.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That would fit your narrative and a few others.  Go with God on that then.

There's already established history there Wingy.

Trump Bypasses Republicans to Strike Deal on Debt Limit and Harvey Aid with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:49:22 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

Then, by all means  gloat when he repeats your prediction of "winning".

I look forward to it.  Please "mention" me when it happens.
Peace out.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Then, by all means  gloat when he repeats your prediction of "winning".

I look forward to it.  Please "mention" me when it happens.
Peace out.

Here you go Wingy.  I've now mentioned you since it happened:

Trump hails 'excellent' meeting with Schumer on shutdown

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/369834-trump-hails-excellent-meeting-with-schumer-on-shutdown

excerpt
“Making progress - four week extension would be best!” the president added.

Schumer emerged from the meeting, however, singing a different tune.

So Trump will sign a "Win" of a 4 week extension of the budget, instead of actually signing a budget.

WINNING!

Right?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:14:16 pm by INVAR »

Offline WingNot

Here you go Wingy.  I've now mentioned you since it happened:

Trump hails 'excellent' meeting with Schumer on shutdown

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/369834-trump-hails-excellent-meeting-with-schumer-on-shutdown

excerpt
So Trump will sign a "Win" of a 4 week extension of the budget, instead of actually signing a budget.

WINNING!

Right?

See there you go again.  When He signs the "Win"  Get back to me.  K

Till then you are projecting.

Thanks.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Thanks.

Well Wingy - I have no plans to 'sign' anything so I'm hard-pressed to figure out how I am 'projecting' outside of expecting Trump to sign whatever it is he is handed for 'the win'.

I guess if that is how you are defining 'projection' oooookaaaaay.  Of course if I had projection powers - and could c cause trump to do what I am expecting or 'projecting' him to do - that would be interesting.

Unless of course you think negative waves have an impact there Moriarty?

Offline DB

Thanks.

Trump has already said the best outcome was kicking it down the road some more... That's hardly "projecting"... That's just listening to what he said... At least what he last said... For the moment... Until he says something else...

Offline WingNot

Trump has already said the best outcome was kicking it down the road some more... That's hardly "projecting"... That's just listening to what he said... At least what he last said... For the moment... Until he says something else...

Talking to you people is like talking to ...well like talking to you people.

Let me say it in terms you may understand...  Forget the rhetoric.  The he said BS.  If trump signs the "extension" to kick the can out 4 more weeks.  Then by all means drag my chapped ass over the coals with shards of broken glass till I'm bleeding like Carrie in the shower scene.

Till then STFU

Offline DB

Talking to you people is like talking to ...well like talking to you people.

Let me say it in terms you may understand...  Forget the rhetoric.  The he said BS.  If trump signs the "extension" to kick the can out 4 more weeks.  Then by all means drag my chapped ass over the coals with shards of broken glass till I'm bleeding like Carrie in the shower scene.

Till then STFU

I'll STFU (on this subject) if you promise to post video of it... Seems like a fair trade...

Offline WingNot

I'll STFU (on this subject) if you promise to post video of it... Seems like a fair trade...

My bleeding ass or the signing?

Offline DB

My bleeding ass or the signing?

Whichever smells better.

Offline WingNot

Whichever smells better.
I'll let you tell me which one passes the sniff test.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:24:31 am by Wingnut »