Author Topic: ‘We will prosecute’ employers who help immigration sweeps, California AG says  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

‘We will prosecute’ employers who help immigration sweeps, California AG says
Sacramento Bee, Jan 18, 2018, Angela Hart

The state’s top cop issued a warning to California employers Thursday that businesses face legal repercussions, including fines up to $10,000, if they assist federal immigration authorities with a potential widespread immigration crackdown.

“It’s important, given these rumors that are out there, to let people know – more specifically today, employers – that if they voluntarily start giving up information about their employees or access to their employees in ways that contradict our new California laws, they subject themselves to actions by my office,” state Attorney General Xavier Becerra said at a news conference. “We will prosecute those who violate the law.”

Becerra’s warning comes as fears spread of mass workplace raids following reports that immigration agents plan to target Northern California communities for deportations due in part to the state’s “sanctuary” law, which seeks to restrict local law enforcement agencies’ ability to cooperate with immigration authorities.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article195434409.html#storylink=cpy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Seems to me the DoJ could step in to protect the business owners who want to do the right thing and help INS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

Deliberately trying to thwart federal law?  Sounds like a candidate for an all expenses paid  room at a federal crossbar hotel facility to me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Seems to me the DoJ could step in to protect the business owners who want to do the right thing and help INS.

I think ICE issuing warrants would cover the employers if the State AG wants to do smack to them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think ICE issuing warrants would cover the employers if the State AG wants to do smack to them.

California...like NYC will find a way to block...illegally...any attempt by ICE to carry out their orders.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

Straight to SCOTUS with this one.

I REALLY wanna see the a-holes running this state in chains. But a smackdown ruling will do for now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:40:21 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
California...like NYC will find a way to block...illegally...any attempt by ICE to carry out their orders.

I'm sure of it.  There are a lot of Judges in CA that are very friendly to Democrat causes, then there's the Ninth Circus waiting to back them up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm sure of it.  There are a lot of Judges in CA that are very friendly to Democrat causes, then there's the Ninth Circus waiting to back them up.

That was my thought...the moment ICE shows up...there will be an injunction issued by the 9th Circus.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:42:34 pm by txradioguy »

Offline GrouchoTex

I have one comments for those employers who are now threatened by this maniac A.G.

"welcome to Texas!"

People, and not just employers, are moving here at a rapid pace.
As long as they don't try to turn Texas into California, and, unfortunately, I've seen a few try, come on in.

Offline skeeter

That was my thought...the moment ICE shows up...there will be an injunction issued by the 9th Circus.

Obviously the liberal scum intend to run out the clock on this administration. Hopefully the DOJ is ready with their case and will fast track the appeal.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Obviously the liberal scum intend to run out the clock on this administration. Hopefully the DOJ is ready with their case and will fast track the appeal.

There has got to be something in place too...that would allow the Federal Attorney for that part of the U.S. to step in and override anything the State AG tries to order done.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There has got to be something in place too...that would allow the Federal Attorney for that part of the U.S. to step in and override anything the State AG tries to order done.
I never slept at a Holiday Inn Express, but wouldn't the Supremacy Clause (sorry for this) trump state law in this case?As a native Californian and unhyphenated American, I would love to see Moonbeam and the racist supporters of La Raza that infest all levels of California government get slapped down really hard.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I never slept at a Holiday Inn Express, but wouldn't the Supremacy Clause (sorry for this) trump state law in this case?As a native Californian and unhyphenated American, I would love to see Moonbeam and the racist supporters of La Raza that infest all levels of California government get slapped down really hard.

@GtHawk I think that's what I was searching for...the Supremacy Clause...the exact phrase just wasn't coming to me at that moment.

Online DB

I have one comments for those employers who are now threatened by this maniac A.G.

"welcome to Texas!"

People, and not just employers, are moving here at a rapid pace.
As long as they don't try to turn Texas into California, and, unfortunately, I've seen a few try, come on in.

Our tech company is scheduled to move from San Jose, CA to Mesa, AZ this coming April...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Our tech company is scheduled to move from San Jose, CA to Mesa, AZ this coming April...
The Fortune 500 company I retired from recently moved a few years ago from California to Texas already.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Becerra should find himself hauled up before a federal judge in DC to explain why he has decided California law usurps federal law in what is clearly, unequivocally, a federal matter.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What Would Jazz Say?  "Trump is being arbitrary and capricious in his application of the Supremacy Clause by not taking into account promises made by Obama and the CA AG to look the other way while people immigrate illegally, so ICE should have all warrants overturned immediately."  {/Jazz}
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What Would Jazz Say?  "Trump is being arbitrary and capricious in his application of the Supremacy Clause by not taking into account promises made by Obama and the CA AG to look the other way while people immigrate illegally, so ICE should have all warrants overturned immediately."  {/Jazz}

And, don't forget..... anyone who would say different is a "bigot"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

DB,  Tell the Gov of AZ, Doug Ducey, to send Gov Moonbeam a thank you card for sending your company his way.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Not only are tech companies and other industries fleeing California by the hundreds, but more than that, there is a general drain of wealth happening too, as more and more millionaires are leaving California for Arizona, Texas, Washington State, and other less oppressive States.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

They're behaving a lot like the folks in South Carolina circa 1861.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Heck I'll barely even take customers in CA let alone think about moving there.    I don't want anything to do with that State.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Heck I'll barely even take customers in CA let alone think about moving there.    I don't want anything to do with that State.

States like California create the problems they find themselves in...it's like a circular firing squad.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
‘We will prosecute’ employers who help immigration sweeps, California AG says

The proper response to this is for President Trump to go before a news conference and reply...
"We will prosecute state officials who interfere with American citizens and the officials of private businesses who are complying with United States laws on immigration".

And then... DO IT.