Author Topic: This Senate Republican Sold Out To The Far Left On Internet Freedom  (Read 390 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Neil Stevens
https://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2018/01/18/senate-republican-sold-far-left-internet-freedom/

. . . Do you think it’s safe to have government looming over the Internet at all times, with just their non-binding promise not to make things worse? Neither do I, and neither did Ajit Pai, which is why the Restoring Internet Freedom vote was so important. Democrats, however, want to restore uncertainty and regulation to the Internet.

So in the Senate, Democrats are forcing a vote to end Internet freedom by using the Congressional Review Act. It has virtually no chance of passing the House, but Democrats have their first Republican patsy to join them: Susan Collins.

If Susan Collins is going to start actively joining Democrat efforts, are Republicans going to tolerate her?
(Bold in the original.---EA.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: This Senate Republican Sold Out To The Far Left On Internet Freedom
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:06:43 am »
All I can say is that they have been tolerating it for quite some time and not just from Susan Collins!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: This Senate Republican Sold Out To The Far Left On Internet Freedom
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:12:19 am »
Republicans selling out Conservative and Constitutional principles is what the party now does and all it can be counted on doing.

Nothing new, except those of us who decided to get out of a failed party and start somewhere and something new and different than practice insanity within a wholly corrupted institution.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775