General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

The Movie That Made Moral Idiocy Chic

<< < (2/9) > >>

andy58-in-nh:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on January 17, 2018, 08:16:49 pm ---B & C was a badly acted pos movie only gay movie critics and Hollywierd elites could love.  In the big picture it couldn't carry Cool Hand Luke's jock strap.

--- End quote ---
"What we have here is a failure to communicate....."  Great film.

musiclady:
I hated Bonnie and Clyde.   Never understood why anyone liked it.   :shrug:

goatprairie:

--- Quote from: Cripplecreek on January 17, 2018, 08:55:48 pm ---Unfortunately the destruction of Custer began immediately. The army deferred to the widow about what info was released in those days and the army used it as an opportunity to absolve themselves of blame. After all, the army made the decision to send the 7th out without repeating arms against an enemy who had them. Custer's mistake was in leaving Gatling guns behind (understandable for a man leading cavalry which is supposed to be light and fast) His tactics were textbook but the Indians behaved differently than they always had before.

--- End quote ---
To be sure, Custer was a rash officer who thought he couldn't be killed. However, no matter how rash he was, he was a very brave soldier and proved it in the Civil War.  But Arthur Penn decided to make him a burlesque figure instead of the somewhat foolhardy, brave soldier he actually was
You just cannot count on leftists to depict history as it was.

goatprairie:

--- Quote from: musiclady on January 17, 2018, 09:21:38 pm ---I hated Bonnie and Clyde.   Never understood why anyone liked it.   :shrug:

--- End quote ---
I liked it at the time, but it doesn't stand up well through the years. However, it was Gene Hackman's breakthrough movie, so I guess it was good for something.

WingNot:

--- Quote from: goatprairie on January 18, 2018, 12:17:39 am ---I liked it at the time, but it doesn't stand up well through the years. However, it was Gene Hackman's breakthrough movie, so I guess it was good for something.

--- End quote ---

Estelle Parsons won an Oscar Best Actress in a Supporting Role.  The academy had to throw a bone to someone.  Better her than Shirley's little brother or Faye.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version