General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

The Movie That Made Moral Idiocy Chic

<< < (9/9)

goatprairie:

--- Quote from: berdie on February 18, 2020, 10:24:25 pm ---

I don't dispute your post in any way @sneakypete . When I said "everyone was affected" I meant all of us peons...not the riche.

The only thing that kind of bothered me about your post on the matter was that B&C was the part about them being ambushed and murdered.

It depends of which account one reads. And truthfully most of the hoods in that day suffered the same fate.

It's been many years since I did research on B&C...primarily because of my fil's hatred. I don't remember a lot...I'm in another area right now. happy77
But I do remember that some folks defended them...some did not. The huge numbers at their funerals may/may not have been there out of respect.

--- End quote ---
It should be noted that virtually all the big name gangsters/robbers from that period died violent deaths. Bonnie and Clyde, Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Baby Face Nelson, and a bunch of other indy robbers/thieves/killers had a year or two of notoriety and then succumbed to lead poisoning.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: berdie on February 18, 2020, 10:24:25 pm ---
The only thing that kind of bothered me about your post on the matter was that B&C was the part about them being ambushed and murdered.

--- End quote ---

@berdie

I cared and care nothing about either of them. They were both career felons and murderers,and knew the end of their stories would be either death or life in prison. Bonnie even wrote at least one poem about their predicted deaths.

What I DO care about is  holding law enforcement at all levels to a higher standard than murderers and other career felons. Otherwise,why bother to have PD's at all?

sneakypete:

--- Quote ---It should be noted that virtually all the big name gangsters/robbers from that period died violent deaths. Bonnie and Clyde, Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Baby Face Nelson, and a bunch of other indy robbers/thieves/killers had a year or two of notoriety and then succumbed to lead poisoning.

--- End quote ---

@goatprairie
Sometimes karma insists you get what you deal.

Neverdul:

--- Quote from: skeeter on February 16, 2020, 11:45:05 pm ---Check out The Highwaymen w/ Kevin Costner & Woody Harrelson. A tad more accurate and watchable than the Beatty/Dunaway adaptation.

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure as to the historical accuracy but The Highwaymen was excellent and certaily more accurate than the Beatty/Dunaway movie.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Neverdul on February 18, 2020, 11:12:16 pm ---I'm not sure as to the historical accuracy but The Highwaymen was excellent and certaily more accurate than the Beatty/Dunaway movie.

--- End quote ---

@Nevurdul

I think what most people seem to be missing here is it was one of the first movies to portray violence as the brutal thing it is,instead of some sort of "oopsie". Remember,this was right at the end of an era where sheriff's where shooting the gun right out of the bad guy's hand,and the bad guy didn't even need a bandaid. The realism of the brutality being filmed AS a brutality and showing some pretend gore was ground-breaking.

And maybe this is just me personally, but I honestly didn't see where the movie made B and C heroes EXCEPT for the last scene when it portrayed them as murder victims.

Hard to pick a side to cheer for when both are murderers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version