Author Topic: Pres. Trump to CNN’s Jim Acosta: ‘Out’  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pres. Trump to CNN’s Jim Acosta: ‘Out’
« on: January 16, 2018, 09:55:12 pm »
Pres. Trump to CNN’s Jim Acosta: ‘Out’
Adweek, Jan 16, 2018, AJ Katz

Jim Acosta was instructed to leave the Oval Office by Pres. Trump on what was his second day as CNN chief White House correspondent.

The veteran reporter along with other members of the press, were allowed inside the Oval Office during a meeting between Pres. Trump and Nursultan Nazarbayev the president of Kazakhstan.

When White House press aides started asking the press to leave, Acosta, whose contentious relationship with the Trump White House has been well-documented, tried to get in a few final questions.

“Did you say you want more people to come into the country from Norway, Mr. president?” Acosta asked.

“Thank you very much, everyone,” Trump responded.

Acosta asked the question again, to which Trump responded in a lower, softer voice, “I want people to come in from everywhere.” 

“Just Caucasian or White countries, sir? Or do you want people to come in from other parts of the world…people of color?,” Acosta asked.

The president pointed at Acosta and said: “Out.”

More:  http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/pres-trump-to-cnns-jim-acosta-out/354918

Offline dfwgator

Re: Pres. Trump to CNN’s Jim Acosta: ‘Out’
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 10:02:47 pm »
Good for Trump.  Acosta is a jerk.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:09:10 pm »
Acosta - a surname of Spanish and Portuguese origin meaning to accost and bother.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 10:19:39 pm »
Trump should pull his ticket to the WH.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 10:55:22 pm »

I so agree.  Let CNN send someone else.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 11:47:07 pm »
Trump needs to start carrying a gun, lol.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:33 pm »

I say screw that.  Punch his ticket.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
President Trump kicked CNN star Jim Acosta out of the Oval Office Tuesday after the network’s senior White House correspondent badgered him with racially charged questions.

Acosta has made a habit of grandstanding and interrupting when Trump and his surrogates are available to the media. Tuesday was no exception, as Acosta yelled, “Mr. President,” three times before finally getting Trump’s attention.

“Did you say that you want more people to come in from Norway? Did you say that you wanted more people from Norway? Is that true Mr. President?” Acosta frantically shouted.

“I want them to come in from everywhere… everywhere. Thank you very much everybody,” Trump responded as Acosta continued to bark questions.

“Just Caucasian or white countries, sir? Or do you want people to come in from other parts of the world… people of color,” Acosta shouted.

Trump then pointed directly at Acosta and simply said, “Out!”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/16/out-trump-orders-cnn-star-jim-acosta-to-leave-oval-office-after-reporter-s-newest-outburst.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Good on the President for doing this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 01:09:27 am »
As I attempted to ask questions in Roosevelt Room of Trump, WH press aides shouted in my face to drown out my questions. I have never encountered that before.

BS.  You can hear someone saying "that's enough" and "thank you" across the room to get him to stop, but nobody was screaming in his face.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=66s&v=_NTygm015mg
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:09:58 am by edpc »

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 01:13:21 am »
A little clearer ...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 09:31:52 am »
The Press treats this President like a Heavy Bag in a Boxing Gym.

Can you imagine how far a true 'Extreme Right Wing' Press - (if there was any such thing and there ain't) - would get with a President Hillary for the same kind of reprehensible behavior?

They'd start turning up suddenly, mysteriously, dead for it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:32:15 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

rangerrebew

Donald Trump Insults White House Press Corps. by Ordering Them ‘Out’

By Jim E | January 16, 2018 1:42PM

President Trump has been under a new storm of attacks ever since he allegedly referred to third world countries as “sh*tholes” during a private meeting with congressional Democrats and Republicans last week.

The outrage has reached a fever pitch, and some liberals are actually weeping over the comments. That’s right, weeping.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/donald-trump-out-press-corps/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_Afternoon_Newsletter_1_16_2018&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 01:11:30 pm »
They let Acosta bait them into responding.  He is there to disrupt.  Just ignore him where possible, and make him leave if he persists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It really is quite disturbing what the MSM is reporting these days.  There is such an apparent contrast now between FOX News and other new sources (though FOX News is far from perfect).  For example the report came out about Trump's health proclaiming that he is in excellent physical and mental health and even took a cognitive test where he scored 30 out of 30.  However, read Yahoo news and Trump is close to having a heart attack because he is overweight and has high cholesterol.  In my assessment it certainly seems (at least on the surface) that he is trying to preserve the rights of the 'citizen's of this country, but their focus is only how deportations are up (thank God) and what a racist he is. The MSM has reported how crippling his tax cuts will be to the middle class and they will only help the extremely rich and Piglosi who is a multi-millionaire  is claiming that the relief and bonuses being handed out because of the tax cut are merely bread crumbs - of course the MSM is happy to report her claims.  Then we have sh*thole gate; the MSM was more than happy to expound on Dicky Durbin's lies.

If they ever start reporting on what's actually happening in this country, such as the revelations and information that is forthcoming that the actual Russian collusion is with the Clinton's and Uranium One, the dossiers and her e-mails, rather than Trump, I don't think the liberal leftists would believe it as they have been lied to by the MSM for so long. Revealing that the the DOJ and FBI itself was working to get her elected, even though she FAILED bigly, would sent them into a tailspin.  Nope, the MSM will save face at all cost by reporting fake news and avoiding reporting what's really going on.  Trump has every right to insult the press as they've insulted the intelligence of the American people.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I say we give them more rope.   They have obviously lost all critical thinking ability.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:16 pm »
They let Acosta bait them into responding.  He is there to disrupt.  Just ignore him where possible, and make him leave if he persists.

Horse hockey.  Acosta is a bully.  He needs to be shut down.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

• Wulf Anson Author
They all need new theme music

! No longer available
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Throws CNN's Jim Acosta Out of Oval Office
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 03:15:20 pm »
 By Cathy Burke    |   Tuesday, 16 Jan 2018 09:56 PM

President Donald Trump kicked CNN's chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta out of the Oval Office Tuesday after he kept asking questions about the president's remarks about Haiti and some African countries during an immigration meeting.

"To have the president point at you and say, 'You are out,' goes beyond what the president should be doing in the Oval Office," Acosta told Anderson Cooper on Tuesday night.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/jim-acosta-shithole-countries-oval-office-jim-acosta-thrown-out/2018/01/16/id/837551/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

They all need new theme music

That's the music they used when Obama's extemporaneous Porky Pig stuttering remarks concluded.

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump Throws CNN's Jim Acosta Out of Oval Office
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 03:28:07 pm »
What a total farce the media has become.

• Wulf Anson Author

That's the music they used when Obama's extemporaneous Porky Pig stuttering remarks concluded.

Did they flog Bammy's teleprompter tech?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:32:26 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 03:35:49 pm »
Based on what’s presented here, Trump handled that well. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 03:48:47 pm »
I say revoke Acosta’s White House press credentials due to his unprofessional manners and tell CNN they have one chance to replace him. If the new person persists with same antics, CNN will loose access.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 05:18:48 pm »
If I were the one being interviewed, I would not tolerate that behavior.  I'd give the press a clear set of the rules and anyone who failed to follow the rules would be suspended for a period of time, with escalating consequences for every event.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.