Author Topic: With ISIS defeated, it’s time to bring the troops home  (Read 353 times)

Offline corbe

With ISIS defeated, it’s time to bring the troops home
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:48:04 pm »

With ISIS defeated, it’s time to bring the troops home

Published on January 16, 2018   

By Joel Kurtinitis
ï‚™   

With ISIS defeated its time to bring the troops home   

In the lead up to the 2016 presidential election, much was made of the threat of ISIS.  Wild threats abounded as candidates fought each other over who would come down harder on the then-thriving Islamic State.

Sen. Ted Cruz threatened to “carpet bomb (ISIS) into oblivion”.

Now-President Trump promised to “bomb the (expletive) out of ‘em.”

Former Secretary of State and presidential participation trophy winner Hillary Clinton added the possibility of war with Russia by insisting on a no-fly zone over Syria.

And who could forget neocon mascot Senators Rick Santorum and Lindsey Graham engaging in what amounted to a bidding war over who would dump more American ground troops into the Middle East?

But since the Trump administration clunked into gear a year ago, news about ISIS has grown more and more sparse, with the latest revelation buried under coverage of the President’s latest Twitter meltdown:

ISIS is gone.

<..snip..>

http://noqreport.com/2018/01/16/isis-defeated-time-bring-troops-home/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: With ISIS defeated, it’s time to bring the troops home
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:55:02 pm »
My two boys are of age to join.   I've lobbied against them going into the military since they were teens.  Mostly because of Obama and his willingness to sacrifice Americans to save the lives of terrorists.

I wish peace on those in the Middle East. 

I cannot imagine the pain of families who have lost a loved one in what is now a meaningless war.   I did my time in the military but cannot support what has been happening the last 10 years.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:06:36 pm »
I cannot imagine the pain of families who have lost a loved one in what is now a meaningless war.   I did my time in the military but cannot support what has been happening the last 10 years.
What has been done since 9-11-2001 follows the post WWII practice, of leaving major wars unfinished.

GW Bush did it and Obama did it. If they were worth involving our nation with in the first place, they are worth finishing with finality.

Trump deserves credit for ordering in one year, completing what Bush and Obama allowed to linger for 16 years.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 02:02:43 am »
driftdiver wrote:
"I cannot imagine the pain of families who have lost a loved one in what is now a meaningless war.   I did my time in the military but cannot support what has been happening the last 10 years."

TOTAL AGREEMENT.

It was way back around 2003 or so o'er on "that other site" that I began questioning the mission and reasoning of our "presence" in the Mideast, even in the wake of the World Trade Center attacks.

For me, the defining moment came after we had "won" in Iraq, and the new Iraqi government was convened. And one of the first things they did? They put into their Constitution that islam was to be the official religion of the state.

Our blood and treasure... for that?

That's when I coined the statement I've been posting again and again and again:
Who's winning?

The author of the article is right on one point:
"it's time to bring the troops home".

What he utterly fails to understand that even though "isis" appears to be "defeated" now, the cause for which they fought is still there, and it's only a matter of time before another group rises to fight in muhammed's name.

Insofar as the jihadis are concerned, what's going on now is known as "hudna".
To some, this translates to "truce", but it's far from that. Rather, it's a time to retreat and to regroup for what will eventually be another attack.

So yes, bring the troops home.
It's ten years too late, and too many dead and maimed.
Get them out of there.
If ever there was a "s***hole" in this world, its dar al-islam.

But do so with the full knowledge that although isis may be dispersed, the struggle is far from over.
It's just beginning.
They'll be back.