Author Topic: Democrats will need to explain if they shut government down over illegal immigration  (Read 274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats will need to explain if they shut government down over illegal immigration
By Rachel Bovard, opinion contributor — 01/16/18 03:00 PM EST

As a government funding deadline approaches on Jan. 19, it’s an open question whether Democrats will go to the mattress over immigration policy. More specifically, if they will shut down the government over the issue of whether to provide amnesty to 800,000 individuals covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

After excoriating Republicans for shutting down the government in 2013, a growing number of Democratic lawmakers have announced that they are digging in their heels, refusing to support any spending bill unless it comes with amnesty.

They are doing so in the face of Republican willingness to make a deal. In a remarkable 50-minute negotiation, broadcast to the nation, Trump brought Republicans and Democrats to the White House and implored them to come to an agreement.

more
http://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/369138-democrats-will-need-to-explain-if-they-shut-government-down-over-illegal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They don't need to explain anything!  Their MSM buddies will do all that for them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They don't need to explain anything!  Their MSM buddies will do all that for them!

Damn I thought I wrote that and I pop in to see it was you!   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."