Author Topic: Commentary: Government ‘shutdown’ is likely — and I couldn’t be happier (The Blaze)  (Read 307 times)

Offline corbe

Commentary: Government ‘shutdown’ is likely — and I couldn’t be happier

3 hours 

Justin Haskins

Congress and the White House are currently negotiating a potential deal to keep the government funded, but in recent weeks, talks have not gone well — largely because of disputes centering on  border security and other immigration reforms — leaving open the possibility of a future government “shutdown.”

Although shutdowns are serious matters, they aren’t nearly as problematic as many politicians and pundits suggest, and in this case, a shutdown could be the best-case scenario for America’s future.

The truth about ‘shutdowns’

As soon as the 2016 election ended and it became clear President Donald Trump and the Republicans would have control over the White House and both houses of Congress, the current border security showdown became inevitable. Republicans have been promising to build a border wall for decades, and they finally managed to win enough elections to make real border security possible.

<..snip..>

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/01/16/commentary-government-shutdown-is-likely-and-i-couldnt-be-happier
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Government ‘shutdown’ is likely — and I couldn’t be happier

Well I saved 30% on my car insurance switching to Gieco and I couldn't be happier.