Author Topic: McSally Says Dems Should ‘Get Over’ Idea Of Clean Dream Act.  (Read 463 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rep. Martha McSally said Monday that Democrats in Congress are wasting their time pursuing a no-strings-attached bill to give legal status to millions of younger illegal immigrants.

She said the Dream Act, which has emerged as the Democrats’ favored replacement for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, is a nonstarter.

“There’s no such thing as doing a clean Dream Act. The Democrats need to get over it. It’s not happening,” the Arizona Republican said on Fox News. “We in our bill have come up with the president’s priorities, the American people’s priorities, and that should be a starting place for these negotiations.”

McSally and three other House Republicans — Bob Goodlatte of Virginia, Michael McCaul of Texas, and Raúl Labrador of Idaho — are co-sponsoring a DACA replacement bill that reads like an immigration hawk’s wish list. The measure pairs President Donald Trump’s demands for a DACA bill — border wall funding, limits on family migration, and killing the green card lottery — with an array of tough immigration enforcement provisions.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/15/marth-mcsally-dream-act/?utm_content=buffer0ab9e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:34:04 pm by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There was a thread yesterday about this gal's Senate hopes and an allegation that she was weak on immigration issues.

Maybe not so much.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Nice words, but they don’t count as much as her voting record does.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nice words, but they don’t count as much as her voting record does.

Yes, I know.  But maybe she's seen the light.

Or, maybe she want to get elected.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, I know.  But maybe she's seen the light.

Or, maybe she want to get elected.

She's thinking outside of her District, and looking to the statewide race.

She represents Gabby Giffords' old district, which includes liberal Tucson.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: