Author Topic: GOP senator: 'Gross misrepresentation' of Trump's remarks  (Read 398 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator: 'Gross misrepresentation' of Trump's remarks
« on: January 14, 2018, 11:33:50 pm »
 By Eli Watkins, CNN
6 hrs ago

Georgia Republican Sen. David Perdue said Sunday that President Donald Trump did not use the phrase "shithole countries" during a meeting with lawmakers on immigration reform last week.

"I'm telling you he did not use that word, George, and I'm telling you it's a gross misrepresentation," Perdue told moderator George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week."

During an Oval Office meeting on immigration Thursday, Trump expressed frustration with people coming to the United States from "shithole countries," sources told CNN.

Trump has denied making the vulgar remarks, tweeting Friday: "The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!"

Perdue on Sunday accused Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin of spreading false information about what Trump said at the meeting and added that Trump has been misrepresented.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-senator-gross-misrepresentation-of-trumps-remarks/ar-AAuFzwx?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP senator: 'Gross misrepresentation' of Trump's remarks
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 11:34:24 pm »
Durbin is known to be a lying POS .
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:48:41 pm »
Durbin is known to be a lying POS .

And that is putting it mildly.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:40:03 am »
What took Donald (and the other congressmen) so long to address the reports?  They were all over the news Thursday afternoon.  For somebody who built a career on manipulating the press, he sure blew this one.