Author Topic: Nine states ready to require jobs for Medicaid enrollees  (Read 505 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nine states ready to require jobs for Medicaid enrollees
« on: January 13, 2018, 02:44:10 pm »
Nine states ready to require jobs for Medicaid enrollees
by Kimberly Leonard | Jan 13, 2018, 12:01 AM

Nine states are planning to implement work requirements for their Medicaid enrollees, following Kentucky, which on Friday became the first place in the country to be approved to create such a program.

Arizona, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Utah, and Wisconsin have submitted their own proposals, though some will have to work with federal officials to make sure their requests fit the guidelines laid out Thursday by the Trump administration. States have varying requests, according to a Washington Examiner review of Medicaid waiver requests filed to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nine-states-ready-to-require-jobs-for-medicaid-enrollees/article/2645815
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Nine states ready to require jobs for Medicaid enrollees
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 02:49:43 pm »
Excellent! 41 to go!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:29:15 pm »
I'm somewhat torn on this issue.  There are several basic groups that receive Medicare; those that are unemployed or underemployed, those with disabilities, pregnant women without insurance and children who have parents that can't afford insurance. Some of these pregnant women cross the border just in time or within a few months of delivery -- she gets health care and the child becomes a citizen.  Bingo -- something needs to be done about that issue in itself. As for the other groups, I would like to see a work program attached to this requirement.  As for Medicare; we have private insurance, but the government/insurance company mandates that once I turn 65 I have to go on Medicare and make it my primary insurer...however, we've paid into the 'system' and a whole lot of people are going to be royally pizzed if they take this away or increase costs as rumored.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:32:28 pm »
Excellent! 41 to go!

You mean 48  :silly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 05:33:17 pm »
You mean 48  :silly:

Nope!  I can't do Obama math.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 06:16:11 pm »
I wonder how frequently Medicaid also means EBT, school breakfasts, lunches etc. there.

I've read that some people, pride themselves on getting the most benefits.

Some of those "takers," look down on hard working, tax paying Trump voters, even when the Trump voter stayed in school to get better educated, and perhaps moved to other states with more opportunity.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 03:52:02 am »
Fearless prediction:
This requirement will soon be struck down by a youngish federal judge.