Author Topic: Are you living in a bed bug sanctuary city? National pest control numbers reveal cities with worst  (Read 706 times)

rangerrebew

Are you living in a bed bug sanctuary city? National pest control numbers reveal cities with worst infestations in 2017

Thursday, January 11, 2018 by: Zoey Sky   

Image: Are you living in a bed bug sanctuary city? National pest control numbers reveal cities with worst infestations in 2017

(Natural News) Based on the annual list recently released by Orkin, a U.S.-based pest control company, Baltimore was “the most bedbug-infested city in the U.S. for the second year in a row.”

No matter how vigilant homeowners are, experts say that it is impossible to eliminate the pests completely. Bedbugs are on the rise, and they continue to spread in homes, hotels, and hospitals in more cities across the U.S. yearly.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01-11-are-you-living-in-a-bed-bug-sanctuary-city-worst-infestations.html

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The worst (in order):
Baltimore
DC
Chicago
Los Angeles
Columbus
Cincinnati
Detroit
NYC
San Francisco-Oakland
Dallas-Fort Worth
Indianapolis
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Cleveland-Akron-Canto
Raleigh-Durham
Richmond-Petersburg
Norfolk-Newport News
Charlotte
Buffalo

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The exterminator was at the hospital where I work last night. A patient in physical therapy had bedbugs on him.

The exterminator says that speed is the key to preventing them from spreading. They can only move a few feet per hour and he kills them with a simple Isopropyl Alcohol spray. They spray the chairs and floor where the patient sat in the waiting room.

Modern casts are honeycombs and are perfect environments for bedbugs so they often turn up in the examining rooms around the casting room. The exterminator sprays everything in the room and seals the door with tape and a couple hours later I reopen the room and give it a good cleaning.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Why are we getting bedbugs all of a sudden? When I was growing up no one had bedbugs
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DB

Why are we getting bedbugs all of a sudden? When I was growing up no one had bedbugs

Likely for the same reason Hepatitis, polio and many other diseases are making a comeback... The invaders bring parasite invaders...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

They've been an urban problem for a long time but like many pests, prolonged exposure to various pesticides have allowed them to develop tolerances and make a comeback. That's one of the reasons why Isopropyl alcohol is good. It kills on contact within a few minutes and evaporates away so there is no second, third, fourth, etc generation building up tolerance.