Author Topic: Trump races to head off another special election debacle  (Read 795 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump races to head off another special election debacle
« on: January 12, 2018, 10:38:08 pm »
 Trump races to head off another special election debacle

Trump will travel to southwestern Pennsylvania next week in an effort to avoid a second electoral embarrassment in two months.

By ALEX ISENSTADT

01/11/2018 06:37 PM EST

The White House is scrambling to avoid another special election disaster, this time in a Pennsylvania congressional district in the heart of Trump country.

After a humiliating loss in the Alabama Senate race last month, the administration is drawing up ambitious plans that will kick off next Thursday when Trump travels to the conservative district to appear with Republican candidate Rick Saccone. Vice President Mike Pence and an assortment of Cabinet officials are also expected to make trips; Pence may go twice ahead of the March 13 special election, two administration officials said.

The White House has taken an especially keen interest in the race: Members of Trump's political affairs office met with Saccone this week. And during a Tuesday conference call between the Republican national party committees and the Saccone campaign, White House political director Bill Stepien expressed displeasure with the progress the candidate was making on fundraising. Stepien said Saccone wasn’t raising enough money and asked for an update on the campaign’s progress in the days to come.

Trump’s visit to the district next week will take him to a manufacturing plant outside Pittsburgh. The president plans to use the ostensibly official trip to promote the recently passed tax reform plan.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/11/trump-special-election-pennsylvania-pittsburgh-336502?lo=ap_a1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump races to head off another special election debacle
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:27:11 am »
Trump’s visit to the district next week will take him to a manufacturing plant outside Pittsburgh. The president plans to use the ostensibly official trip to promote the recently passed tax reform plan.

Hope they did their homework and checked if it was a steel union shop.  Some of those guys aren’t happy about the Carrier layoffs.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 02:32:53 am »
 He should play it 'safe' and visit this Ethanol Refinery there.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 03:01:59 am »
He should play it 'safe' and visit this Ethanol Refinery there.

At least, we voted to be 'safe' from ISIS, I don't know what you voted for.

@corbe

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 03:09:30 am »
   @TomSea I've tried to explain this to you on multiple occasions, I voted for Darrell Castle/Constitution Party because I have the luxury of living in Texas which regardless of my vote Trump was getting all 39 Electoral votes, had it been a toss up here I would have voted for Trump and been ashamed the rest of my life, like some here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.