Author Topic: GOP may skip budget, kneecapping 2018 ambitions  (Read 337 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP may skip budget, kneecapping 2018 ambitions
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:25:11 pm »
 GOP may skip budget, kneecapping 2018 ambitions

Lacking the votes and fearing political blowback, Republicans are unlikely to deploy powerful budget procedures to enact their agenda.

By RACHAEL BADE and SARAH FERRIS

01/10/2018 07:15 PM EST

Republican leaders are considering skipping passage of a GOP budget this year — a blow to the party’s weakened fiscal hawks that would squash all 2018 efforts to revamp entitlements or repeal Obamacare.

White House and Hill GOP leaders discussed the possibility of forgoing the painful budget process during last weekend’s Camp David legislative summit, according to four sources familiar with the talks. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has argued that he cannot pass controversial deficit-reduction legislation using powerful budget procedures with his new 51-vote majority — and wasn’t even sure he could find the votes for a fiscal blueprint in the first place.

Abandoning the budget, however, would be an embarrassment for Republicans, who for years railed against Democrats when they avoided one of the most basic responsibilities of Congress.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/10/gop-may-skip-budget-kneecapping-2018-ambitions-334946?lo=ap_b1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP may skip budget, kneecapping 2018 ambitions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 05:48:36 pm »
I am SO damned tired of these weak-kneed, linguini-spined jerks I can't stand it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: GOP may skip budget, kneecapping 2018 ambitions
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:04:46 pm »
McConnell only passes stuff that favors the DEMOCRAT AGENDA.  The idea he can muster votes to actually DO THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY is "controversial" and therefore a 'dead deal'.

Anyone after years of this bullshit, cannot discern that the Republican Party and the Democrat Party are one and the same damn Oligarchy, are willfully blind.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775