Author Topic: Furious Chicago Professors Demand Obama Move His ‘Socially Regressive’ Presidential Center Elsewhere  (Read 771 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Furious Chicago Professors Demand Obama Move His ‘Socially Regressive’ Presidential Center Elsewhere
Daily Caller, Jan 10, 2018, Benny Johnson

The library’s design and location has been a source of controversy itself within the Chicago community. In a recent letter, over 100 members of the University of Chicago faculty and dozens of community groups strongly condemn Obama’s plan. Why? Because, according to the professors, the Obama Presidential Center wastes millions of taxpayer dollars in an already broke state, destroys a public park and is “socially regressive” to the affluent community.

Here are the complaints, in the professor’s own words:

Obama Presidential Center is leaves no room to bring economic development:

The Obama Center as currently planned will not provide the promised development or economic benefits to the neighborhoods. Because the current plans place the Center next to the Museum of Science and Industry and across the street from the University of Chicago campus, there is no available adjacent land in which to start a new business, set up a new café or restaurant, bring another cultural center to the neighborhood. It looks to many neighbors that the only new jobs created will be as staff to the Obama Center, hence the widespread support for a Community Benefits Agreement

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/10/furious-chicago-professors-demand-obama-move-his-presidential-center-elsewhere/

Online Right_in_Virginia

BassWrangler

Someone needs to Photoshop a port-a-potty in there to replace that strange looking building.

Sure seems small, too, compared with other presidential libraries I have seen. I guess that is apropos - empty head, empty library.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:31:25 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Updated design: 

Well, a monolith is better than a giant trailer, like the last Dem President.  I'll give it that.  I'll bet land in the middle of Chicago is a tad pricier than in Lil' Rock.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

Well, a monolith is better than a giant trailer, like the last Dem President.  I'll give it that.  I'll bet land in the middle of Chicago is a tad pricier than in Lil' Rock.

True. This one looks like something you'd see in North Africa.

BassWrangler

LOL, I should 'shop an ISIS flag on top of it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A mini Machu Pichu temple ruin design for their fallen god.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

Offline dfwgator

BassWrangler

Design inspiration...

You nailed it the simiarities are too great to be coincidence.