Author Topic: U.S. National Mango Board Runs on $6.7 Million a Year  (Read 489 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. National Mango Board Runs on $6.7 Million a Year
« on: January 11, 2018, 02:21:11 pm »
U.S. National Mango Board Runs on $6.7 Million a Year

(CNSNews.com) -- The government watchdog group Judicial Watch reported this week that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) maintains a National Mango Board, which operates on a $6.7 million budget, solely to "increase the consumption of fresh mangos in the United States," according to its USDA website [1].  "this is a serious matter that is handled at the presidential cabinet level," reported Judicial Watch.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/us-national-mango-board-costs-67-million-year

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: U.S. National Mango Board Runs on $6.7 Million a Year
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:38:48 pm »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:43:11 pm »
Don't think I've ever had a mango and damn sure don't need the government to encourage me to try.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 02:51:13 pm »
Don't think I've ever had a mango and damn sure don't need the government to encourage me to try.

Cravings for mangoes lead to encounters with tigers.  Never get out of the boat!

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 03:02:56 pm »

This is the way I like my mango.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 03:19:49 pm »
"My, what a yummy mango!"  --Rogue
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn