Author Topic: White House corrects transcript that omitted Trump agreeing to clean DACA bill  (Read 473 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House corrects transcript that omitted Trump agreeing to clean DACA bill
by Gabby Morrongiello | Jan 10, 2018, 10:12 AM

An official White House transcript from President Trump's meeting with lawmakers on Tuesday left out a key exchange with Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein in which the president appeared to endorse a clean bill to permanently protect undocumented youth from deportation.

The blunder forced aides to issue a corrected transcript Wednesday morning, raising questions about why the omission occurred in the first place.

Feinstein had asked Trump during the bipartisan meeting whether he could envision himself supporting a "clean" bill that addresses the Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals program followed by "a commitment to that we go into a comprehensive immigration reform procedure."

"I have no problem," Trump responded. "We're going to come up with DACA. We're going to do DACA, and then we can start immediately on the phase two, which would be comprehensive."

Trump added, "I would like to do that," in reference to Feinstein's proposal.

The White House failed to include that comment in the first transcript released Tuesday evening. An unnamed administration official later told the Washington Post it was not done deliberately.

Trump has urged lawmakers to pass "a bill of love" that codifies protections for illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, while boosting border security.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/white-house-corrects-transcript-that-omitted-trump-agreeing-to-clean-daca-bill/article/2645490
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConservativeGranny

I'm sure it was just an innocent omission. *****rollingeyes*****

Oceander

Ok.  So Trump is on record as doing amnesty for dreamers now, in exchange for a promise to start thinking about immigration reform afterward. 

Told ya so. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Diane knows I'm very much a germaphobe.  When they send me something to sign, it's going to be a big, beautiful bill that's very clean.  That I can promise you.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

Ok.  So Trump is on record as doing amnesty for dreamers now, in exchange for a promise to start thinking about immigration reform afterward. 

Told ya so.

You're kidding!

Who coulda predicted that?!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn