Author Topic: U.S. Judge Blocks Trump Move To End DACA Program For Immigrants  (Read 807 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
U.S. Judge Blocks Trump Move To End DACA Program For Immigrants
« on: January 10, 2018, 05:20:26 am »

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A U.S. judge blocked President Donald Trump's administration on Tuesday from ending a program that shielded from deportation children brought to the United States illegally by their parents.

Trump decided in September to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA. U.S. District Judge William Alsup ruled in San Francisco on Tuesday the program must remain in place while litigation over Trump's decision unfolds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-judge-blocks-trump-move-end-daca-program-035051747.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:20:49 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: U.S. Judge Blocks Trump Move To End DACA Program For Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 05:21:33 am »
CA judge and Clinton appointee.  What a shock....... *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 05:28:39 am »
LOL. This judge can't tell the feds what programs are to be kept in place or not. Congress didn't vote on it. It's some bullshit from a previous administrations desk.

DACA was formally initiated by a policy memorandum sent from Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano to the heads of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The memo formally directed them to exercise their enforcement discretion on behalf of individuals who met the requirements.[38]

To apply for DACA, illegal immigrants must pay a $495 application fee, submit several forms, and produce documents showing they meet the requirements. They do not need legal representation.

Trump should just laugh at this ruling and keep on trucking. The law is on his side.

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 05:38:34 am »
Responding in October 2010 to demands that he implement immigration reforms unilaterally, Obama declared, "I am not king. I can't do these things just by myself." In March 2011, he said that with "respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that's just not the case." In May 2011, he acknowledged that he couldn't "just bypass Congress and change the (immigration) law myself. ... That's not how a democracy works."

Yet, that's exactly what he did with DACA and the attempt with DAPA.

http://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/daca-unconstitutional-obama-admitted

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:09:28 am »

Yet, that's exactly what he did with DACA and the attempt with DAPA.

It also shows that it isn't worth the paper it is written on by Obama's own admission. This is a grandstand move by this judge to get into the news. It carries no weight at all.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 12:01:59 pm »
Another Left Coast court ruling on matters it has no jurisdiction over.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:26:29 pm »
Alsup was the presiding judge over Oracle America, Inc. v. Google, Inc., where he notably was able to comment on issues relating to coding and programming languages, specifically Java. He learned the Java programming language solely for the purpose of being able to understand the case more clearly.  However, the Federal Circuit overturned his rejection of the copyrightability of Java API.

Declared himself a SME and still got rejected.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 03:30:14 pm »

Me waiting for Congress to slap down these idiot judges!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien