Author Topic: Former Idaho Rep. Brandon Hixon commits suicide  (Read 343 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Former Idaho Rep. Brandon Hixon commits suicide
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:21:22 pm »
Former Idaho Rep. Brandon Hixon commits suicide
By Betsy Z. Russell betsyr@spokesman.com(208) 336-2854

UPDATED: Tue., Jan. 9, 2018, 11:31 a.m.

House Speaker Scott Bedke just announced “some bad news” to the House: “Former Rep. Brandon Hixon has tragically taken his own life. Our thoughts go first to family and friends who are suffering from this loss.”

Bedke said, “We should … support those who are close to us when they are struggling. Please remember Brandon’s family in your prayers.”

Hixon resigned from the House in November amid a criminal investigation into sexual abuse, though no charges were filed; he subsequently was twice arrested for driving under the influence, with the first arrest also including a charge of resisting arrest.

Read more at: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/09/former-idaho-rep-brandon-hix-commits-suicide/#/0

Offline Suppressed

Re: Former Idaho Rep. Brandon Hixon commits suicide
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:17:30 pm »
Many troubles with the law.  This will save the taxpayers money, but I feel bad for family and friends.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ConservativeGranny

Re: Former Idaho Rep. Brandon Hixon commits suicide
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 12:56:30 am »
Many troubles with the law.  This will save the taxpayers money, but I feel bad for family and friends.

Maybe. I don't know if they are thinking of private funding or using taxpayer money.

"Bedke later said the House will likely organize some sort of financial relief for Hixon’s family, but said it was too early to say what exactly was planned."